Ard Choille! We've Moved!
Please change your bookmarks to
http://www.clangregor.com/forum-2/No Subject John Andrew Hutchison, Tue Aug 13 07:11Hi, There was a Peter and Marion who lived in the Dow of Glengyle at the time. Do you think it's them, and her name was recorded incorrectly? If so, I can post more information about them. John.
Peter McG and Janet McG Goldie, Tue Jul 9 08:35Can anyone tell me who these folks are? From the OPR's 1769 Arrochar parish, Peter Macgregor and Janet Macgregor his spouse in Glengyle in the parish of Calendar had a lawful son baptized by the name of Duncan. Need some help to identify them. Thanks, G.James and Margaret Miller McGregor John Hastings, Fri May 10 00:22I am looking for the parents of James and Margaret Miller McGregor. Both James and Margaret were born probably near Glasgow circa 1800. From the OPRís we have that they were married March 21, 1823 and had the following children: William, November 9, 1823 in Mearns, the twins Mary Miller and Margaret on April 18, 1826... more
- We've moved the forum CGS Webmaster, Fri Jun 21 03:24alexander mcgregor ron mcgregor, Thu Mar 7 18:41still chasing a connection to rob roy regarding alexander mcgregor who is my ggg grandfather. he was born in scotland about 1736.he married margrat mcash on 23rd. august 1763 at logierait , scotland.Is this forum still going? J M'Gregor, Wed Feb 27 17:58Is this forum still going? I notice that a posting to the new website (at http://www.clangregor.com/forum-2/genealogy-discussions/multiple-clans/ ) didn't get emailed to me. Do I have to sign up for email alerts at the new website? Jim
- New Forum Nancy, Thu Feb 28 17:10Merry Christmas ColMc, Mon Dec 24 01:34Seen as how we Aussies lead off (except for our NZ neighbours). It has just gone to Christmas Day here in Australia. From my family to Gregors around the world, have a Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Years. Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur Col McGregorTo one and all, and families Delores Kirkwood, Sun Dec 23 18:17Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ýr! Delores from South Dakota (used to be Washington)
- Re: To one and all, and families ColMc, Mon Dec 24 01:36John McGregor alias McYeil William MacGregor, Mon Dec 3 23:43Mary its been over a year since I last contacted you but you did say that you might be able to give me a few tips. Lots of things have happened in between time so ancestry has been pushed to the back of my mind until recently. I have so far come up against a brick wall. My ggggg Grandfather John McGregor alias McYeill ... moreFamily Tree DNA Test Deborah Wilmoth, Mon Nov 26 04:48My cousin Katherine(Gregg)Welser and myself went together to purchase a Family Tree DNA 37 marker test for her brother Al Gregg to sample for our ancestry. How long does it take to get results once the sample is sent to Texas? Does anyone think we might have results before Christmas? Al should be able to complete the... moregggg Grandfather Robert McGregor William MacGregor, Mon Nov 19 06:03Its been more than a year since I last did any research on my Family tree and it is taking a we while to get back into it. I have double checked my facts and figures on what I have so I am more than certain that they are right. Robert McGregor B 1791 married to Catherine McArthur, I know he was still alive in 1861... moreSad news Davey Boe, Sun Oct 21 07:53It is with great sadness I have to report the passing of my mother Ann Mongomery McGregor at the age of 86,the eldest of the Bute clan,at the end of July. Further bad news this weekend when my cousin Alex McGregor sadly passed away age just 58.Announcement re 2014 Richard McGregor, Sun Oct 14 11:28The following announcement will be sent to all those who have reserved accommodation for the original dates of the Clan Gathering: CLAN GREGOR SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL GATHERING 2014 A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN PROF. RICHARD MCGREGOR We have been aware for a short time that events originally planned for Stirling on July... more2014 gathering ColMc, Sat Oct 13 02:36I've just found out that the dates for the gathering have changed!! I have already booked accommodation and organised with my employer to get my leave for specific dates. Are these dates final now? And what of the other events and dates? Hopefully, someone can give us the true details. Col McGregorAlpine McGregor, James Lemanczyk, Wed Oct 10 03:35Looking for the parents of my GGGG-Grandfather, Donald McGregor.He was born in 1808, place unknown. One possible shows up, son of Alpine and Agnes (nee Walker) McGregor in Dunbarton. For Alpine I find two marriages to Anne Walker listed in 1804,one in Arrochar and the other in Luss Parish. Seems they registered in... more
- Re: Alpine McGregor, John Andrew Hutchison, Wed Oct 10 05:03Donald McGrigor Rowland Crone, Sat Oct 6 16:35Searching for the marriage and baptisms of Donald McGrigor and Janet Lamont Their sons Robert baptised 1730 Brae Moness and Christian 1735 Lamont Croftness .Would appreciate any assistance. Thank You Rowland Crone New ZealandMalcolm McGregor ba.1717 s/o Alexr. gregowen, Thu Oct 4 20:16Malcolm McGregor, baptised 17 March 1717, son of Alexr., LEOCHEL-CUSHNIE, ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND. [From Family Search Org] Does anyone have any more on this Malcolm please? Peter BowenJames and Margaret Miller McGregor of Mearns John Hastings, Sat Sep 29 08:24My great great grandmother was Mary Miller MacGregor DOB April 18, 1826. She had a twin sister named Elizabeth,a brother William DOB November 9,1823. These siblings also had a sister, Margaret, born around 1835 though I can't seem to find her in the OPRs. Mary, Elizabeth, and Margaret came to the States around 1840.... moreking/macara/macgregor James King, Mon Sep 24 14:07Working with descendants of the David King family of Edinburgh and my own (Thomas King family of Pennsylvania), DNA results indicate a the progenitors were probably Malcolm MacCulchere MacGregor and Findlay Glas McEntyre. They had the following known children: Dougal Og Malcolm Og (grandfather of Rob Roy) Gregor Dhu... moremcgrigor, alexander born 1780 ish superblackbird70, Wed Sep 19 07:00is there anyone who has any info on alexander mcgrigor / mcgregor , born around 1780 , on the 1841 census he & his family were at a farm called Ballentomb, just outside Tomintoul , he was married to Grace Cameron, a son Charles mcgregor. moved to a croft called LATCH OF COOK nr Turriff he was married to amelia... more
- Re: mcgrigor, alexander born 1780 ish Richard McGregor, Fri Oct 5 11:51
- McGrigor, Alex., born 1780 ish Nancy Terhune, Thu Sep 20 03:36Re 1787 Election of Chiefs Elizabeth Todd, Mon Sep 17 09:00In the 1787 entries for election of Chief, how old did the young males have to be in order to be able to vote? Regards Elizabeth
Ard Choille! We've Moved!
Please change your bookmarks to