Hello there!! and WELCOME to Memory Lane Discussion Board. I hope you enjoy your visit here. Please let us know your fond memories of your time at The Methodist Children's Home in Waco Texas.*
Would you like to pay your dues online? Click the 'Dues' button below! Check out mchaa.org for other ways to donate as well.
THANK YOU for your continued support!!
(only $10 annually!)
HOMECOMING 2016 INFO BELOW OR CLICK HERE!
Scroll down to view postings...
(viewed in order of activity, not date of thread creation)
Please note:New postings might not appear for up to 24 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.
sort of confused... Scott Wilson- '73-'77, Sat Jul 23 12:47pmIs this forum used any more or has it shut down??Looking for someone Kristi Tulloh 82-85, Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:17amHey I'm looking for Larry Huffman. Does anyone know where he is or might live? He was kicked out for growing pot in his closet. Does that ring a bell for anyone? Help!!!
- nobody younger here??!!! Kristina Keeling 99-2002, Thu Apr 14 10:15pm
- Any teens in here>? Charles Davis 1990something, Thu Oct 19 11:22pm
- ONly 20 Rebekah Miles 1999-2000, Fri Feb 24 12:41pm
- breezy rose patricia muehlebach 95-00, Sat Jun 6 11:22am
- Re: ONly 20 Anonymous, Tue Oct 24 3:29pm
- Why can't I remember you people Charles Davis 1999- 2003, Thu Oct 19 11:25pm
- charles davis tami 02-03, Thu Mar 31 8:24pm
- Re: ONly 20 99-02, Wed Jun 28 1:00am
- ~99-02 GHOSTS 99-02~ 99-02, Wed Jun 28 1:17am
- ghosts... Scott Wilson 1973- 1977, Sun Mar 9 11:51pm
- Re: ghosts... Anonymous, Fri Jul 11 11:52am
- Harry Merideth & Williams Home Unit Eddie Attaway 1971 - 1974, Thu Apr 2 7:20pm
- Ghosts Ronny Murray. 62-74, Sat Jul 12 1:25pm
- Re: Ghosts 1972-1974, Sun Jul 13 10:46pm
- Umm... Scott Wilson 1973- 1977, Fri Jul 11 8:37pm
- Re: ghosts... setx77704, Fri Jul 11 12:35pm
- ghosts Anonymous, Sat Jun 6 11:25am
- ghost Kristina 99-02, Tue Nov 7 4:21pm
- Ghost John Voelker 85-89, Sat Nov 11 1:48pm
- nothing strange Scott McKee 88-92, Wed Nov 8 12:53am
- Re: ~99-02 GHOSTS 99-02~ Anonymous, Tue Oct 24 3:32pm
- Re: ~99-02 GHOSTS 99-02~ Mazell(Hawkins)Stafford'45-'55, Fri Oct 20 10:27am
- I remember ghost in Bridwell Charles Davis 1999- 2003, Thu Oct 19 11:28pm
- memories 96-01, Thu Jul 27 2:17pm
- Re: memories Jennie Barnett-Owen 89-91, Sat Oct 21 12:59am
- Re: ~99-02 GHOSTS 99-02~ Ruthie Lord 93-95, Thu Jun 29 10:13am
- was this for real Amy Warner 85-89, Thu Jun 29 2:36am
- Re: was this for real Jennie Barnett-Owen 89-91, Sat Oct 21 12:56am
- breezi Kristina Keeling 99-02, Fri Feb 24 9:04pm
- ONly 20 (nm) Rebekah Miles 1999-2000, Fri Feb 24 12:40pm
- IT TAKES TIME TO GROW UP amanda 1997-2001, Thu Dec 8 2:33pm
- Missing a Huge Portion Scott McKee 88-92, Fri Apr 15 8:31am
- our generation kimberly fuller 91-92, Thu Jul 10 7:59am
- Re: Missing a Huge Portion Anonymous, Fri May 6 6:21am
- Re: Missing a Huge Portion Anonymous, Thu May 5 12:05pm
- Missing Jeff Keese (Bridwell) 86-87, Sun Nov 12 9:15pm
- Be Patient, They Will Come.....Homers that is. Chris Davis '86-'90, Fri Apr 15 9:39am
- I wish i could go back Amy Warner Gunn 85-89, Thu Jun 29 2:51am
- Re: I wish i could go back Shirley Couch 87-89, Fri Nov 18 9:57am
- Shirley Couch Jennie Barnett-Owen 89-91, Sat Oct 21 1:11am
- firstname.lastname@example.org Karen Spence, Mon Apr 25 12:08am
- Re: nobody younger here??!!! Anonymous, Fri Apr 15 7:18am
- not old yet Pastor Jennie Barnett-Owen 88-91, Tue Apr 19 7:28am
- just wondering if this was true?? Kristina keeling harry merideth and perkins 99-02, Tue Apr 19 2:19pm
- Cars on Campus Paula Shelton 65-69, Fri Dec 22 1:08am
- Re: just wondering if this was true?? Mazell(Hawkins)Stafford'45-'55, Fri Oct 20 10:40am
- cars Amy Warner Gunn 85-89, Thu Jun 29 2:56am
- AHHH the K Car Jeff Keese 86-87, Sun Nov 12 9:30pm
- cars Staci 83-85, Tue Apr 26 10:20am
- MCH Cars Lori Levine 92-96, Wed Apr 20 7:33pm
- independent Kimberly Fuller 91-92, Thu Jul 10 8:32am
- whoever was in harry merideth! kristina keeling 99-02 hm and perkins, Thu Apr 21 1:18pm
- The Big Rivals Jeff K Bridwell 86-87, Sun Nov 12 9:34pm
- Re: whoever was in harry merideth! James Pike 1987-1992, Fri Jun 30 1:45pm
- its great to see people i knew Amy Warner Gunn 85-89, Fri Jun 30 11:49pm
- Crazy to hear old stories! Ashley Cormier 99-02 Big H.M. & Prothro & S.T., Mon Feb 27 1:11pm
- hey! NATASHA CATER99-01, Mon Nov 13 12:49am
- What else did you find? John Voelker 85-91, Sun Apr 24 12:17pm
- remember me? kimberly fuller 91-92, Thu Jul 10 7:36am
- Home Car Ray Gray 74-75/80-84, Wed Apr 20 12:00pm
- Car Pastor Jennie Barnett-Owen 88=91, Tue Apr 19 6:54pm
- yall r not old! kristina keeling 99-02, Mon Apr 18 1:14pmHOMECOMING 2016 Information Mchaa, Fri Oct 23 10:46amHomecoming Schedule 2016 FRIDAY, March 25, 2016 (GOOD FRIDAY) 2:30 p.m.. to 6:30 p.m. Registration at Hilton Hotel 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Informal gathering at the Hilton Hotel 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Craft Sales at the Hilton Hotel 1:00 p.m. Golf: Place to be determined. Contact Emory Hopkins at 940-886-2238 to... morebrother james king 53-62, Sat Oct 10 12:34pmjust to let you know Richard has had another stroke, but out of hospital now. grateful for prayersHow have thing's changed? Scott Wilson 1973- 1977, Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:36pmI now live in Beaumont, does anyone know of a way to see how things have changed physically at the home, something like maybe even photo's? Like this is the way it was and this is the way it is now. Is the "old school building" still there in the front by the admin building? Is there still a malt shop in the student... more
- Re: How have thing's changed? Jane Johnson, Case Worker, 1973-1988, Sun Nov 30 11:15pm
- Re: How have thing's changed? Maxell(Hawkins) Stafford, Tue Dec 2 8:08pm
- the Old School Bldg. Scott Wilson- '73-'77, Fri Dec 5 8:25am
- Harringtons Jim Soukup 69-76, Tue Dec 2 2:55am
- oh yeah... Scott Wilson- '73-'77, Mon Dec 1 10:39am
- wow... Scott Wilson- '73-'77, Mon Dec 1 10:33amBack again Guy Lyle 75-80, Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:14amI have been off for about 4 years off my computer making a change from Houston to Melissa, Texas to McKinney, Texas to currently north Dallas. I have seen some of you at the Recent Homecomings on those Sundays. Someone I saw at a recent Homecoming is LuLu (sorry, I dont know her last name). She told me when I got my... moreHello homers J.J.74-77, Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:16pmWell we found this page this yr (2007). When we looked for yrs to see if we could just say hi to some of our past friends.. Well this is my e-mail add email@example.com and this is myspace add with few of My familia picz http://www.myspace.com/mexican_lion . Take care everyone and may God bless everyone..More few ... more
- hello homers Mark Koenig 68-78, Thu Aug 14 6:48pm
- Re: Hello homers 1972-1974, Sat Jul 12 5:12pm
- Re: Hello homers Scott Wilson 1973- 1977, Sat Jul 12 11:17pmMy MCH Memories Jim Himes '70 - '77, Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:25pmI've wanted to write this for a long time; so here is my story. My little brother and I were in a bad situation – we lived with our Mother and Stepfather at a Trailer Park that he managed. We lived in a small mobile home with our older brother. The Family lived in a different house. It seemed like we were always... moreEaster Homecoming 2015 Laura Woodlock Milam 53-61, Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:31amHomecoming 2015 went well with many old and new friends getting together reminiscing about years they were at the Home. Children enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt and adults all the games played during the weekend. Chapel Service Sunday was well attended with Trey Oakley offering the Easter sermon. If you were unable to... moreGirls Anonymous, Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:04pmNames put on by someone they may or may not want their names listed under the circumstances are not used.Poor girls Linda Brown/63-?, Thu Apr 9, 2015 10:48amI remember the Housemother beating the little on the bottom of the feet with a sewing machine strap!! Two poor little girls got it bad all the time!!
- Poor Girls - Response Eddie Attaway 71-74, Sun Apr 12 10:38amMemories Laura Woodlock Mlam 53-61, Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:25pmWhat a special remembrance-thanks for sharing with all of us. I couldn't find Brenda Hill's obituary. Do you know any details as to when and where she passed away? I couldn't find an obit in the old newsletters. Please let me know if you have any details. Thanks. LauraBrenda Hill - Special memories Eddie Attaway, Tue Apr 7, 2015 9:07amI met Brenda Hill when I was 11 in Methodist Home, and I am sad to hear that she has passed. We were Boyfriend Girlfriend for a short time in 1972; I was 11 and she was 13 (Just kids) from what I remember. I remember jumping in the pool and splashing her then asking her to be my girlfriend. I remember us going to... morelooking to find old friends at this homecoming Eddie Attaway 1971 - 1974, Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:29pmScott Wilson, if I remeber correctly you and I were friends at Williams (I was a table tennis player), and even went to a Baylor Rice game with your dad. I re-call you staying out of trouble, and one night up stairs with sub home parents Ron Castle and others were running around the halls after bedtime and when i got... more
- oh boy.... Scott Wilson '73- '77, Thu Apr 2 11:38pmHomecoming Easter Weekend Laura Milam, Thu Apr 2, 2015 11:18amEaster weekend-Methodist Children's Home Homecoming starts tomorrow. Hope to see you there, Ya'll come, see old friends and make new ones.Homecoming Anonymous, Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58pmPlease note today is last date for Hilton registration with the MCH Alumni Association holding for rooms at the Hilton!Homecoming Dinner 2015 RSVP Laura Woodlock Milam 53-61, Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:14amHomecoming Dinner on Saturday April 4th at the Brazos Ballroom in the Waco Convention Center at 6:00 PM, with Alumni and their guests welcome. As in the past Dinner is free but donations are appreciated to help cover future cost. You can send donations in advance to our association treasurer Daniel Bortz or make one... moreHomecoming 2015 Hotel Reservation Laura Woodlock Milam '53-'61, Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:28pmMake your Hotel Reservations The Hilton Waco, located at 113 S. University Parks Drive, will serve as our “Headquarters” for Homecoming April 2-4, 2015. Make your reservations NOW by calling 254-754-8484 to receive our special group rate of $109 plus taxes per night. The Hilton has agreed to hold our arranged block of ... moreHomecoming 2015 Schedule Laura Woodlock Milam 53-61, Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:23pmHomecoming 2015 Schedule Friday, April 3 (Good Friday) 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Registration at Hilton Hotel 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Informal gathering at the Hilton Hotel 1 - 6 p.m. Craft Sale at the Hilton Hotel 1 p.m. Golf: Place to be determined. Contact Emory Hopkins at 940-886-2238 to schedule 8 - 11 p.m. Friday Evening Mixer... moreNo Subject Anonymous, Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:40pmHey anyone out there remember me..Trecia Owens...1 of 5 Owens girls..Linda, Lela Sue Lou and me...1960-1970..Linda and I are going to Homecoming this year...April 5 2015, Hope to see some of our friends there...
Thanks for visiting and come back soon!
Back to Methodist Home Alumni Homepage
Want to re-read an old article posted here? If you can remember at least one key word in the article, just type it in the box below (it can even be the name of the person who submitted it) and then click the 'search' button. It will pull up all articles with that word or name in the title. Enjoy!
*editor of Memory Lane reserves the right to block, edit or delete articles viewed as inappropriate. Please realize that by submitting your article you are giving permission for anyone to print or use your article in whole or in part by whatever manner they choose.