ipirate2Re: vike: NatureTue Jan 24, 2012 07:26126.96.36.199The lose is that Man, who is a part of that same wondrous system, is in a way, adoring himself. We too are dust and to adore it is self-adoration.
From an ego standpoint, which we all have and should be thankful for, lead man to stand tall. Not lead him to his knees.
It is only those who want power over us that wants us on our knees.
Nature is to be respected. Not adored.
- Does God ---- Do unto others? ipirate2, Mon Jan 23 16:15Does God ---- Do unto others? There are many instances in scriptures where God does not follow the golden rule. Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity... more
- vike: You got to love it sai ram, Tue Jan 24 13:45You got to love it when a holier than thou gets in trouble......yet people will blow it off and continue to give money so he can live a better than thou life...... more
- vike: Nature sai ram, Tue Jan 24 05:20"Everything in the Universe, from sub-atomic particles to the biggest star, has a form. It was this fact that impelled the ancients to worship the earth as Mother. Some scientists ridiculed this... more
- Re: vike: Nature ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:26
- vike: The name of the Lord sai ram, Tue Jan 24 05:44"Yes, the Lord has a thousand names. In fact, all names are his; there is no name that is not His. All are names of the same entity." Sai Baba "Repeat the name of the Lord-the name that appeals to... more
- Re: vike: The name of the Lord ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:28If you have a lord, then you are a slave. Enjoy your orders from your invisible lord and master. Regards DL
- We are all slaves sai ram, Tue Jan 24 07:43you are a slave too....don't think so?....try not dying...or getting older.....or getting sick or having your love ones die.....you are a slave to this world you live in.....how do you free... more
- Re: We are all slaves ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 08:28So. A free man to your eyes must be able to exceed t5he bounds of nature and physics. As a slave, it seems your master has forbidden you to think rationally. Regards DL
- Funny sai ram, Tue Jan 24 09:30Funny you should bring up "thinking rationally"......sai ram
- I think you don't get the Nicene Creed Mirage, Mon Jan 23 22:31"In the sacrifice of Jesus, God demanded that Jesus bear the sins of the wicked who will repent." To trinitarians this argument makes no sense. Most Christian sects today believe in the Nicene Creed. ... more
- Re: I think you don't get the Nicene Creed ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:33A change in thinking, regardless of the creed, is the moral path that says not to take advantage or profit from the murder of an innocent man. Their bible says just that. Scripturally speaking, it... more
- Re: I think you don't get the Nicene Creed Mirage, Tue Jan 24 10:50Um, this is what I am trying to explain to you, and why I asked if you understand the Nicene Creed which has been accepted by the vast majority of Christian churches for many centuries...Trinitarians ... more
- Don't you realize it's all fantasy! (nm) Kasey, Mon Jan 23 22:16
- Re: Don't you realize it's all fantasy! ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:37I certainly do know it is all myth but there is still a lot of damage to society from those foolish enough not to know it is all fantasy. Those who do not try to correct foolish thinking do not have... more
- Most of the time it's fantasy to him except when he needs it Mirage, Mon Jan 23 22:38When he needs it in an argument, he(or she) presents it as literal fact, and expects all Christians to debate with him on that basis alone.
- Re: Most of the time it's fantasy to him except when he needs it ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:41Why not. Those I go against do and I have to be in their park if I want to play and win the game. Should I quote Plato against them? Should I bring a knife to a gun fight. Someone is not thinking and ... more
- More to the point, do you? Frashavan, Mon Jan 23 19:19Your posts are all straw man arguments anyway...
- Re: More to the point, do you? ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:43I get that a lot from the GODDIDIT brainless side. It means that they cannot argue for their side and are running away. Strawman is their way of just hiding behind some miracle or other. Regards DL
- Re: More to the point, do you? Mirage, Mon Jan 23 22:46I think he suffers from No True Scotsman syndrome. :( It's a shame really because if he didn't, some of his questions could lead to serious debates.
- My, my MN_Morgan, Mon Jan 23 18:51You certainly put a lot of stock into the exact authenticity of the scriptures. I guess these are the exact words of God and there is no ignorance of the ego mingled in, nor is there any chance of... more
- Re: My, my ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:20It is not a matter of changing anything. The bible can already be manipulated to say damned near anything you want it to say. Even now, the churches that accept Gays and women as equal use some... more
- Here's a challenge for you. MN_Morgan, Tue Jan 24 11:24Take some green tomatoes. Go yell at them and tell them to be ripe immediately. Let me know if they changed in that instant from green to red. ;D
- That would be easy for him. Mirage, Tue Jan 24 12:05No matter how many times people tell him they don't believe what he thinks they do, he just assumes they are lying. He believes people who tell him they are not his strawman are lying and secretly... more
- Fizzbin? I prefer Calvinball. MN_Morgan, Wed Jan 25 12:20I call blue square and now I get to jump around it in circles of three till I rack up 70 points. In all seriousness, I usually poke someone who claims to be one thing, then acts like another... more
- Nothing like a good game of Calvinball Frashavan, Thu Jan 26 07:24He avoids answering most queries, and always insists that you answer his entire posts in the way he wishes them to be answered. It's tiresome in the extreme.
- Indeed MN_Morgan, Thu Jan 26 12:01On that note, I'm going to run around the croquet wickets. :D No more ASCII bits need be wasted on him.
- From what I can tell... Frashavan, Mon Jan 23 20:26... and I may be mistaken, iPirate is one of those who assumes that everyone who does not share his/her particular exegesis of the Bible MUST, therefore, be a literalist. It seems to annoy her/him a... more
- Re: From what I can tell... Mirage, Tue Jan 24 13:52I'm giving up. I respect modern gnosticism, and I have never mocked his gnosticism even when he insulted billions of people on a tiny forum where he knows even considering lurkers, probably fewer... more
- Re: gnosis MN_Morgan, Wed Jan 25 12:37I am a recent free-spirit, and I have explored a lot of the Nag-Hammidi myself. (I still attend a Baptist Church, though I traded the more southern variety for a more contemporary, and I still ignore ... more
- Re: gnosis Mirage, Thu Jan 26 15:45I'm looking forward to your links. Your quest to find a group that fits with your beliefs sounds very familiar to me. Took me many years to find a church I could join.
- I may take the net route MN_Morgan, Fri Jan 27 11:53I still attend a Baptist church for fellowship sake. It's strict but contemporary. I'm allowed to wear pants without people gawking! I seek and search on my own, and I might find a net group I can at ... more
- Re: I may take the net route Mirage, Fri Jan 27 16:11I hope your computer will come home soon in good shape. I used to be on the DeviantART site because fractals are a passion of mine, but it was years ago. I did belong to a couple of tolerance groups... more
- It was a patient effort Frashavan, Tue Jan 24 17:39From what I know of the gnostics, they never could agree with each other about what the "gnosis" was, exactly -- it's one of the major reasons more orthodox (or, at least, consistently hetereodox)... more
- Re: From what I can tell... ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:46Name anyone who believes in Jesus and does not read the Bible literally to some extent. You cannot because they have to. Regards DL
- Re: From what I can tell... Mirage, Tue Jan 24 14:19http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_religion That's a start. The Jefferson Bible can be read online.
- Re: From what I can tell... ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 20:18Using the teachings is hardly belief in a literal Jesus. You will likely know that the Christian Jesus says almost nothing that was not written in the Book of the Dead or scripted in one of the older ... more
- Biblical Literalism Mirage, Mon Jan 23 23:08There's a lot of misunderstanding regarding Biblical literalism. Biblical literalism takes myriad forms, but most Biblical literalists do consider parables to be parables, for example. Want to see a... more
- Re: Biblical Literalism Mirage, Mon Jan 23 23:10ever before should be never of course