ipirate2Re: From what I can tell...Tue Jan 24, 2012 07:46188.8.131.52Name anyone who believes in Jesus and does not read the Bible literally to some extent. You cannot because they have to.
- From what I can tell... Frashavan, Mon Jan 23 20:26... and I may be mistaken, iPirate is one of those who assumes that everyone who does not share his/her particular exegesis of the Bible MUST, therefore, be a literalist. It seems to annoy her/him a... more
- Re: From what I can tell... Mirage, Tue Jan 24 13:52I'm giving up. I respect modern gnosticism, and I have never mocked his gnosticism even when he insulted billions of people on a tiny forum where he knows even considering lurkers, probably fewer... more
- Re: gnosis MN_Morgan, Wed Jan 25 12:37I am a recent free-spirit, and I have explored a lot of the Nag-Hammidi myself. (I still attend a Baptist Church, though I traded the more southern variety for a more contemporary, and I still ignore ... more
- Re: gnosis Mirage, Thu Jan 26 15:45I'm looking forward to your links. Your quest to find a group that fits with your beliefs sounds very familiar to me. Took me many years to find a church I could join.
- I may take the net route MN_Morgan, Fri Jan 27 11:53I still attend a Baptist church for fellowship sake. It's strict but contemporary. I'm allowed to wear pants without people gawking! I seek and search on my own, and I might find a net group I can at ... more
- Re: I may take the net route Mirage, Fri Jan 27 16:11I hope your computer will come home soon in good shape. I used to be on the DeviantART site because fractals are a passion of mine, but it was years ago. I did belong to a couple of tolerance groups... more
- It was a patient effort Frashavan, Tue Jan 24 17:39From what I know of the gnostics, they never could agree with each other about what the "gnosis" was, exactly -- it's one of the major reasons more orthodox (or, at least, consistently hetereodox)... more
- Re: From what I can tell... ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 07:46
- Re: From what I can tell... Mirage, Tue Jan 24 14:19http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_religion That's a start. The Jefferson Bible can be read online.
- Re: From what I can tell... ipirate2, Tue Jan 24 20:18Using the teachings is hardly belief in a literal Jesus. You will likely know that the Christian Jesus says almost nothing that was not written in the Book of the Dead or scripted in one of the older ... more
- Biblical Literalism Mirage, Mon Jan 23 23:08There's a lot of misunderstanding regarding Biblical literalism. Biblical literalism takes myriad forms, but most Biblical literalists do consider parables to be parables, for example. Want to see a... more
- Re: Biblical Literalism Mirage, Mon Jan 23 23:10ever before should be never of course