KaseyAny private system has to make a profit...Mon Jan 30, 2012 02:25184.108.40.206a national government run one might work better if the ALL health professionals did't try to rip off the system as they already do in the PHS.
- Re: You can be sure the moneyed supporters of the Republicans... Mirage, Sun Jan 29 07:12He has tried, but let me put it this way, the promised reduction of healthcare costs left huge loopholes for insurance companies, and they have used them. Members of one insurance company here saw... more
- Any private system has to make a profit... Kasey, Mon Jan 30 02:25
- It's a non profit, supposedly (nm) Mirage, Mon Jan 30 05:16
- I'm not sure he wants to Frashavan, Sun Jan 29 08:22Obama raised a huge war chest, based on the donations of individuals, not corporations. That should have freed him from dependency on the moneyed interests, but seems to have had no visible impact.... more
- That's the breaks MN_Morgan, Mon Jan 30 12:34I have been jaded since I started voting. If it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is. I do see an improvement in spite of all the crap, but I doubt anyone can fix this system. Even the ... more
- Great power amplifies the wrong it is possible to do Frashavan, Mon Jan 30 17:41... but, from what I can see, it doesn't make it any easier to do good. I consider that one of the paradoxes of power, actually.
- Not sure I agree Mirage, Mon Jan 30 22:13I think despite having been pretty much a robber baron, Bill Gates has done some real good with his foundation. Yes, I imagine from the timing of it, that Gates probably did it initially to try to... more
- I was thinking, mostly, about the political spehere Frashavan, Tue Jan 31 07:45If you throw enough money around, some of it is probably going to end up "wasted" doing some good. ;-)