MN_MorganThat's the breaksMon Jan 30, 2012 12:34184.108.40.206I have been jaded since I started voting.
If it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is.
I do see an improvement in spite of all the crap, but I doubt anyone can fix this system.
Even the good presidents that have ushered in great changes have their dark side. And I’m not talking about infidelity or any of the crap that goes on behind closed doors, I’m talking about things that have screwed at least one or two facets of the little guy.
All the politicians are either bad and in it for their own personal gain and the gain of their cronies, or have no back bone and will bend to the dogs.
Honestly, if we want change, we’d have to overhaul everything and take the teeth out of the dogs biting at the heels. So far, though, the dogs have more rows of teeth than a great white shark.
- I'm not sure he wants to Frashavan, Sun Jan 29 08:22Obama raised a huge war chest, based on the donations of individuals, not corporations. That should have freed him from dependency on the moneyed interests, but seems to have had no visible impact.... more
- That's the breaks MN_Morgan, Mon Jan 30 12:34
- Great power amplifies the wrong it is possible to do Frashavan, Mon Jan 30 17:41... but, from what I can see, it doesn't make it any easier to do good. I consider that one of the paradoxes of power, actually.
- Not sure I agree Mirage, Mon Jan 30 22:13I think despite having been pretty much a robber baron, Bill Gates has done some real good with his foundation. Yes, I imagine from the timing of it, that Gates probably did it initially to try to... more
- I was thinking, mostly, about the political spehere Frashavan, Tue Jan 31 07:45If you throw enough money around, some of it is probably going to end up "wasted" doing some good. ;-)