MN_MorganBiasMon Jan 30, 2012 12:518.104.22.168Most people get that tribe mentality (no matter what tribe they belong to) and attack anything outside of it, whether it is subjective or not.
The ones with the bigger mouths are the ones that make the whole group look bad. Cancerous cells.
Honestly, maybe we should all see each other as cells that are part of organs that work together to heal the whole body? Everyone having a different task rather than trying to destroy all the healthy cells out there.
- More likely it's my dislike of grandstanders Frashavan, Sat Jan 28 08:03Both Hitchens and Dawkins are major league grandstanders. His lurch to the right was noticed, and widely commented on; if you didn't read it, then do some research. If Hitchens hadn't chosen to... more
- Bias MN_Morgan, Mon Jan 30 12:52
- I never got the whole "groupthink" thing Frashavan, Wed Feb 1 05:30And the more vocal people get in all expressing the same opinion, the more I want to question it. That's just me, I suppose...
- There are some biases. Mirage, Sat Jan 28 09:11There have been studies on that. I will try to find some links. There has never been a female President either, and given that women are a slight majority, it will be interesting to see how long... more
- Bias is inescapable. Frashavan, Sat Jan 28 09:29Everyone prefers some people to others; that's deeply psychological and can't really be changed. Bias becomes discrimination when it is expressed in action, of course. But, is it discrimination when... more
- Re: Bias is inescapable. Mirage, Sat Jan 28 10:20I didn't vote for him, even though it made me sad not to be a part of such an historical moment. The reason I didn't was that he was already sending too many messages to the hard right in his... more
- It's all part of the problem with... Frashavan, Sat Jan 28 11:35... a "representative" system, and one of the reasons I'm an anarchist. at the end of the day, whom does the representative represent? I agree Obama was sending messages before he was elected -- but... more
- You can be sure the moneyed supporters of the Republicans... Kasey, Sun Jan 29 05:55are doing everything they can afford, to undermine the good, humanitarian programmes Obama is trying to implement....regardless of the short term national consequences. Regards, Kasey
- Re: You can be sure the moneyed supporters of the Republicans... Mirage, Sun Jan 29 07:12He has tried, but let me put it this way, the promised reduction of healthcare costs left huge loopholes for insurance companies, and they have used them. Members of one insurance company here saw... more
- Any private system has to make a profit... Kasey, Mon Jan 30 02:25a national government run one might work better if the ALL health professionals did't try to rip off the system as they already do in the PHS. REGARDS, Kasey
- It's a non profit, supposedly (nm) Mirage, Mon Jan 30 05:16
- I'm not sure he wants to Frashavan, Sun Jan 29 08:22Obama raised a huge war chest, based on the donations of individuals, not corporations. That should have freed him from dependency on the moneyed interests, but seems to have had no visible impact.... more
- That's the breaks MN_Morgan, Mon Jan 30 12:34I have been jaded since I started voting. If it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is. I do see an improvement in spite of all the crap, but I doubt anyone can fix this system. Even the ... more
- Great power amplifies the wrong it is possible to do Frashavan, Mon Jan 30 17:41... but, from what I can see, it doesn't make it any easier to do good. I consider that one of the paradoxes of power, actually.