FrashavanKasey being a contratian, perhaps it should be ...Tue Mar 6, 2012 07:4220.127.116.11...tHE gREAT dECEPTION.
My, doesn't that look odd??
- Shouldn't you capitalize The Great Deception? (nm) Mirage, Tue Mar 6 07:34
- Kasey being a contratian, perhaps it should be ... Frashavan, Tue Mar 6 07:41
- Was your mind, like amny others, religiously formatted Kasey, Wed Mar 7 04:47early on to be receptive to the mythology and superstitious doctrines, dogmas and beliefs promoted by religion? [esp. the bits where some god or other said this or that]. How anyone can say that one... more
- One of the few lasting insights that Karl Marx ... Baruch, Thu Mar 8 17:01came up with, are "alienation" and "false consciousness". What I don't get, if you are fully skeptical, is why you aren't worried that your consciousness isn't as free as you think it is. And yes,... more
- If teachung children about ethics and morality... Kasey, Sat Mar 10 07:11is also referred to as indoctrination....then so be it....and tolerance and understanding of others is certainly part of it. But being aware of the prejudices that the different religions inculcate... more
- You are not the only one who observes ... Baruch, Sat Mar 10 09:16or matures. Again ... if you are alienated ... and you are ... how can you say you are not in a state of false consciousness? I know about this ... being subject to alienation frequently. Shalom
- If Atheism gives rise to alienation [as you assume].. Kasey, Sun Mar 11 09:30it is because theists have difficulty handling the concept that their beliefs about the claimed existence of a diety may be without a firm foundation! Regards, Kasey
- Beliefs? Baruch, Sun Mar 11 14:59Sounds like a faith, not reason to me. Next time you ... have difficulty reasoning, without assumptions, please share. By being different, and by choice no less ... from the average people of your... more
- I don't. It's called faith for a reason. (nm) Mirage, Sun Mar 11 09:40
- Just don't advocate that poetic devil ... Baruch, Tue Mar 6 13:47e e cummings. No caps allowed! Shalom
- Re: Kasey being a contratian, perhaps it should be ... Mirage, Tue Mar 6 07:46Actually a book with that title might be a best seller. It's really attention getting, and rather clever symbolism.