FrashavanThat's because...Wed Mar 7, 2012 07:4822.214.171.124...all our politicians know that the military situations they keep creating are untenable and the political situation really doesn't justify military intervention, and they don't want to let the people know.
It bodes ill. Hitler ended up surrounded by generals who agreed with everything he said, too.
- I used to be a feminist ... Baruch, Wed Mar 7 06:35but the female political leader, including Ms Rice, are like men trapped in the bodies of women. Margaret Thatcher in particular. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Now if you want to argue... more
- Re: I used to be a feminist ... Mirage, Wed Mar 7 08:57Well in 1975 the Republican party was where you'd find most of the open atheists, all that past godless commie rhetoric aside. Engineering and science was where it was more possible to be atheist... more
- Well can we judge feminism ... Baruch, Wed Mar 7 12:42by femi-nazi extremes? Also Black women consider White women to not be true feminists either, because they are not true minority ... they are treated as country club feminists, by their Black... more
- Feminism MN_Morgan, Thu Mar 8 11:30There are those that want to castrate every man for being male, but feminism is not even remotely a dualistic issue, but a vast gradient of grays. The feminist blogs I follow on Tumblr just want the... more
- Re: Feminism Mirage, Thu Mar 8 23:16I don't consider myself a feminist. I do think women should be paid equally for equal work. I do think women do just fine in the Israeli army. I do think women have a right to say no, and so do men.... more
- You do make a point. MN_Morgan, Fri Mar 9 11:06Perhaps I am the one sexist here. :D
- Nah Mirage, Fri Mar 9 12:40I don't think you're sexist. Men are often afraid to complain about mistreatment they suffer. It's considered unmanly, and because of that it's often invisible. It never occurs to most people. You... more
- Both sexes won't admit to abuse ... Baruch, Fri Mar 9 12:57though of course the most common kind is verbal or emotional. Men are just better at being stoic ... though women hide nearly as well ... I think the woman to woman communication is more open than... more
- That is fair, and neither feminist nor sexist ... Baruch, Fri Mar 9 07:04while it isn't OK for men to whine about their condition, we are routinely discriminated against, by other men, for many reasons other than gender issues. Men are competitive and militant, and don't... more
- Well respect is to be expected ... Baruch, Thu Mar 8 17:37but not given as often as it should. But that should be because of shared humanity, not because of a particular gender. I also believe, that women objectify men as well, though of course in a gender... more
- Re: Well respect is to be expected ... Mirage, Thu Mar 8 23:37I got kind of sick of being a piggybank too once. :( When you said women objectify men I thought until I read further that you were referring to sexual objectification, and that does exist. That... more
- "father's looks and the mother's intelligence" Baruch, Fri Mar 9 06:59Now who is being sexist ... hmm? Your personal anecdotes show good self awareness, and hence are precious. Yes, even handsome men, are not as beautiful as plane looking women ... in the eyes of both... more
- Re: "father's looks and the mother's intelligence" Mirage, Fri Mar 9 10:54No, the father's looks and mothers intelligence is not my personal idea, it is what geneticists have been saying for a couple decades now. I keep up with that stuff in honor of my mother. My sister... more
- I was speaking as a male ... Baruch, Fri Mar 9 12:48but since all women are part male, it has to partly apply to them as well ;-) Just ribbing you? I tend to think my daughter looks like her mother, and her mother says our daughter looks like me ...... more
- lol Mirage, Fri Mar 9 12:59I went to yuppie/trad schools. The dads were all cleanshaven and GQish, even the Jewish dads.
- And why those findings are interesting... Mirage, Fri Mar 9 11:25Rich men like Donald Trump often marry models or beauty queens. Famous models and actresses often go for rich guys even if they have a lot of money themselves. Think of Diana. If these findings by... more