BaruchYou are a person who knows ...Thu Mar 8, 2012 16:58188.8.131.52Jewish Bible interpretation is four-fold. Peshat, Remez, Drash and Sod .... Literal, Allegorical, Comparative and Esoteric. And acronym spelling ... Pardes ... the original Persian word from which we get "paradise".
Whenever you look for G-d, and find yourself staring back ... you have found a false god. And that was what I was speaking to. Like you, I am all to aware that the past isn't so past as it seems, that the present is fleeting, and that the future always brings the unexpected.
- Re: Revelations MN_Morgan, Thu Mar 8 10:32I know full and well what the document was written for, but if you dig anywhere, you can find a buried treasure all your own. I can find the outermost, the outer, the inner, and the secret if I look... more
- Agreed. One can overdue the reductionism Frashavan, Thu Mar 8 17:26One thing that give scriputres significance is their applicability to a wide variety of situations. That can be, often is, strained, but it is real.
- You are a person who knows ... Baruch, Thu Mar 8 16:58
- I'm still learning... MN_Morgan, Fri Mar 9 11:16how to not catch my own reflection and stare at it till I grow into the bank. I've already had to uproot myself a few times.
- Like the wandering yucca trees in the animation, Rango? (nm) Baruch, Fri Mar 9 12:44
- Never saw it, but I assume so ;D (nm) MN_Morgan, Fri Mar 9 13:11