BaruchThat is fair, and neither feminist nor sexist ...Fri Mar 9, 2012 07:04188.8.131.52while it isn't OK for men to whine about their condition, we are routinely discriminated against, by other men, for many reasons other than gender issues. Men are competitive and militant, and don't cry in public. Part of opposition to women in the work place and military, is because we already had enough competition from other men, we didn't also need it from women (who do not necessarily use an unfair advantage in doing so). If there are enough jobs to go around, and if they pay a living wage, there would be less negative reaction to women's advances over the last two generations ... but that isn't women's fault ... it is men's.
- Re: Feminism Mirage, Thu Mar 8 23:16I don't consider myself a feminist. I do think women should be paid equally for equal work. I do think women do just fine in the Israeli army. I do think women have a right to say no, and so do men.... more
- You do make a point. MN_Morgan, Fri Mar 9 11:06Perhaps I am the one sexist here. :D
- Nah Mirage, Fri Mar 9 12:40I don't think you're sexist. Men are often afraid to complain about mistreatment they suffer. It's considered unmanly, and because of that it's often invisible. It never occurs to most people. You... more
- Both sexes won't admit to abuse ... Baruch, Fri Mar 9 12:57though of course the most common kind is verbal or emotional. Men are just better at being stoic ... though women hide nearly as well ... I think the woman to woman communication is more open than... more
- That is fair, and neither feminist nor sexist ... Baruch, Fri Mar 9 07:04