BaruchThe First World is superior ...Sun Mar 11, 2012 20:46184.108.40.206only because it has superior means of war. This was not so apparent in the days of Great Khan the Mongol Horde, or the Janissaries of the Sultan. The irony of the West, is because of amnesia, we forget that our dominance is very recent, and likely to be very short lived (peak oil). It would be wise to not piss everyone else off.
- No one has a monopoly of peace; no one has one of war (nm) Frashavan, Sun Mar 11 18:57
- Vike: How is your ex doing? Mirage, Mon Mar 12 17:00I hope she is feeling some better.
- Her ankle is mending nicely Frashavan, Mon Mar 12 17:24Her Bell's Palsy will take longer because they were slow to strat treatment, plus having fibromyalgia is a complication.
- Re: Her ankle is mending nicely Mirage, Mon Mar 12 17:30It's unfortunate that a lot of times diagnosis is tricky enough that by the time the diagnosis can be made, the treatment should have started earlier. I've had that experience myself. She will remain ... more
- Thanks so much Frashavan, Mon Mar 12 17:47I really appreciate it. The neurologist refused to answer the pages from the Emerg and the Internist for 3 days.
- The First World is superior ... Baruch, Sun Mar 11 20:46
- Amen to that MN_Morgan, Mon Mar 12 14:00Though, we certainly have a propensity for pissing people off with our big mouths and even bigger foreign policy stick.
- Arrogance leads to a bad end ... Baruch, Mon Mar 12 18:07just ask the French aristocracy. Shalom
- But the Wall Street bankers.... Frashavan, Mon Mar 12 18:13...keep ignoring the sound of guillotine blades being sharpened in the shadows.
- That's because they think they are safe Mirage, Mon Mar 12 18:59Swiss bank accounts in case of emergency.
- The ultimate arrogance ... Baruch, Mon Mar 12 18:20is that the aristocracy will pirouette on a dime when necessary, and assume the role of revolutionary cadre ... the people never noticing. The whole point is to remain in power, no matter the... more
- It's easier for the faceless middle and lower aristos Frashavan, Tue Mar 13 18:36The people at the top, the Kohn brothers, Trump and the like, are too obvious. Phillipe L'Egalite also managed it, at first, but he was not in the direct succession. He lost his head, too, before the ... more