MN_MorganHanging out with a group...Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:2074.243.172.164...and dress are totally different. Let's try another association, shall we?
On my days off, I wear a modified suit blazer with a tank top and funky pants, collars, leather studded bracelets, black and silver crosses, skulls and crossbones (which, the crossed leg bones is a sign of rebirth...deth unto lyfe), does that mean I'm in league with the people my age that are trouble makers that also wear that?
Now, if I was hanging out with people that did drugs and vandalized, I could see the association, but many "goth" or "emo" are just into the macabre look and the darker sounding music.
A good chunk the bands I listen to are Christian/positive/alchemic dethcore and metal (lyfecore? ;D) Does it invalidate the beauty of the lyrics that embrace both the good love of deity and fellow man while beating the breast of shame for the hurt caused in the world just because of the heavy background? Like the conservative preachers who tell me not to listen to it because they worship the background music and scapegoat entire groups of people?
Oh, and I wear low cut shirts. I don't want my breasts to look like they're hanging around my waist because I have a low bust, does that make me a slut?
This is the same mentality of the people perpetuating violence against others. A dangerous illusion if you're not careful. Ignorance comes in many beautiful forms which seek to embrace us with their stupefying poison.
- People will judge sai ram, Wed Mar 28 10:25its human nature in a way to make judgements....we all do it. People are judged by what they wear..rightfully or wrongfully (but thats another issue) People are judged by their associations with... more
- Hanging out with a group... MN_Morgan, Wed Mar 28 11:20
- Re: Hanging out with a group... Mirage, Wed Mar 28 17:30Sounds like a great outfit to me. Many goth or emo people around here are vegans. People never expect that.
- It doesn't matter sai ram, Wed Mar 28 16:51it doesn't matter what one wears...people will judge them..rightfully or wrongly..but judged none the less. I go around a slob most of the time. Sends my wife thru the roof it does....I don't care... more
- Yes but... MN_Morgan, Thu Mar 29 09:19This is something we all must actively change by making acceptable prejudice unacceptable. Prejudice is not okay, and that is something we all should fight tooth and nail, especially those of us who... more
- People like to believe danger is predictable. :( Mirage, Thu Mar 29 11:05It's really interesting walking. I don't walk like that anymore but when I was in university our campus had Crips on one side, and Bloods on the other. They were at war. I was walking a lot around... more
- If it was predictable... MN_Morgan, Thu Mar 29 12:44...we'd be able to stamp it out. Unfortunately, it's not. The angels were definitely out in force. :D
- Profiling is probably worse than rolling dice.. Mirage, Thu Mar 29 18:07
- Profiling sai ram, Fri Mar 30 11:20Profiling is indeed necessary..a necessary evil..the world is not a small village....too many members....no one has time to meet and greet everyone. But life still needs to go on, and part of life is ... more
- Oh dear... Mirage, Wed Mar 28 10:29my husband and I both have hoodies. Is it ok for whites to wear them? Funny, nobody has ever confronted me about wearing one. Everyone does here. Old ladies wear them.
- Well sai ram, Wed Mar 28 11:11since you live in the great (but broke state) of California...you and your husband might have Oakland Raiders hats.....and if you wore them in my neighborhood.....I wouldn't think anything of... more