MN_MorganYes but...Thu Mar 29, 2012 09:19188.8.131.52This is something we all must actively change by making acceptable prejudice unacceptable. Prejudice is not okay, and that is something we all should fight tooth and nail, especially those of us who are spiritual.
Saying a black person was asking to be shot by walking around at night wearing a hoodie they are is simply unacceptable. That thinking leads to hate and death. Sure people overplay this, but till the violence stops simply for the color of the skin, there is going to be outrage.
I think that our society is slowly changing for the better with dialogue coming out, but we have rather nasty arguments from both sides showing that our society is far from mature.
And regardless of what color someone is, if I see them walking alone, I simply lock the doors to my car and be done with it. I live in a poor area and a lot of people are unemployed and/or can't afford gas so to get anywhere, they have to walk. We have no public transit either. Most aren't malevolent looking, but even the most benign looking person can turn on you.
- It doesn't matter sai ram, Wed Mar 28 16:51it doesn't matter what one wears...people will judge them..rightfully or wrongly..but judged none the less. I go around a slob most of the time. Sends my wife thru the roof it does....I don't care... more
- Yes but... MN_Morgan, Thu Mar 29 09:19
- People like to believe danger is predictable. :( Mirage, Thu Mar 29 11:05It's really interesting walking. I don't walk like that anymore but when I was in university our campus had Crips on one side, and Bloods on the other. They were at war. I was walking a lot around... more
- If it was predictable... MN_Morgan, Thu Mar 29 12:44...we'd be able to stamp it out. Unfortunately, it's not. The angels were definitely out in force. :D
- Profiling is probably worse than rolling dice.. Mirage, Thu Mar 29 18:07
- Profiling sai ram, Fri Mar 30 11:20Profiling is indeed necessary..a necessary evil..the world is not a small village....too many members....no one has time to meet and greet everyone. But life still needs to go on, and part of life is ... more