ipirate2What does in Godís image mean? He created Adam & Eve withoutSat Mar 31, 2012 16:5418.104.22.168What does in Godís image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.
I take, in Godís image, to refer to Godís and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.
Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in Godís mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.
If they were created in Godís image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.
One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.
The only other logical alternative is that God does not have a moral sense and that he too, like Adam and Eve, was basically as dumb as a cow.
Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?
The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noahís day.
Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?
- Eve blilith, Sun Apr 8 09:06Eve was not the first Woman, Lilith was, in Hebrew texts and before the King James Bible was published, she was there. Adam was created from the earth and so was Lilith, but she refused to be... more
- Re: Eve ipirate2, Tue Apr 10 13:25I showed the Christian way of looking at Eden. You and I both know it seems that they got it wrong and that the Jews had it right in seeing Eden as man's elevation and not his fall. Jews are bright... more
- Re: Eve blilith, Tue Apr 10 15:41My internet friend, Be tolerant about Christians, it is not their fault, we are all children and we learn with guidance from our elders, they have wisdom and knowledge. My path is mine but I respect... more
- Can't have either clarym29, Sun Apr 8 10:54Don't think you will get to go to either. Where do we go, though, I guess all of us guess at it. Only chance I'll get to know is when I pass from this world to........wherever.
- Re: Can't have either blilith, Sun Apr 8 11:03Dearest, If there is a Heaven or a Hell, then being what I am I know where I will go, if it exists, it will not be Heaven. I think we just go into nothing and sleep. I would like to go to Heaven if... more
- I tend clarym29, Sun Apr 8 11:55to agree with you about the big sleep. And someday I too, shall learn--or not. BTW, it's good to have a witch about. :)
- I tend blilith, Sun Apr 8 15:34Dearest, I thank you, my kind are usually gentle, but not to be crossed, I will forgive, but I can curse and send my Evil Servitors out, then invoke my beloved Lilith, she can never be recalled my... more
- Thanks clarym29, Sun Apr 8 17:29I can use all the help I can get! :) I see--walk softly and carry a big stick. Or a cane with a sword inside. Yeah, too bad witches did not have access to that kind of stealth in the past!
- In answer to your last question ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 09:12the answer is "yes". We are just as amoral as G-d is. As G-d says in Job, if you don't like it, take it up with the Management, if you dare! The Buddhists have a very good understanding of this... more
- I'm answering a question with a question! :D MN_Morgan, Mon Apr 2 11:28Let me ask you...was the fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil the good morals of knowing what is healthy and what is not, or the hair-splitting "morals" of what is "good" and what is "bad"? Was it ... more
- Re: I'm answering a question with a question! :D ipirate2, Mon Apr 2 16:52Thanks for wasting your time. Regards DL
- In the first try..... clarym29, Sun Apr 1 23:34As I read the Bible (one version, anyway), Adam and Eve was try #2. As we look at try #1, the mystery deepens. In Gen. 1, 26, we are told that God created humankind in "our" image, according to our... more
- Re: In the first try..... ipirate2, Mon Apr 2 06:21True. From the Christian POV, Lilith of Gen 1 never was and they rolled her into being Eve. Can't have some bitch asking for equality in the Christian faith now. That would just not be right. Regards ... more
- Aint that the truth clarym29, Mon Apr 2 09:17Yep, you are right; can't have no stinkin' female thinken they are in charge! No, no.........
- Its nature and even exitence are sheer speculation! (nm) Kasey, Sat Mar 31 22:24
- Re: Its nature and even exitence are sheer speculation! ipirate2, Mon Apr 2 06:17True. Regards DL