MirageFather/MotherTue Apr 3, 2012 08:5822.214.171.124I tend to call Him Father. I could just as easily call Her Mother. Baruch sometimes refers to Her. I am just traditional in that the generic pronoun in English has traditionally been masculine, but means both. If I said Her I would feel I was excluding the masculine but I don't feel I am excluding the feminine when I say He.
- Great analagy clarym29, Tue Apr 3 08:47I like the ant comparison. I think that mankind is naturally drawn to what is later called religion. Humankind has a natural curious streak. Why this, and why that. Cave man, lets say, wanted to know ... more
- Father/Mother Mirage, Tue Apr 3 08:58
- An explantion sai ram, Tue Apr 3 09:55Sai Baba gave an explanation once on why God is viewed as a male.....Avatars decend on earth as males because men would relate to them better and they also need their message more. Women are more... more
- Thanks Mirage, Tue Apr 3 11:17It seems kind of pessimistic about the male potential for spirituality, though. I'm thinking of you and the other guys who post here, and there are some pretty spiritually advanced men around here. A ... more
- Well, clarym29, Tue Apr 3 09:15If you said "she" you would include both. :))