clarym29HmmmTue Apr 3, 2012 17:23188.8.131.52Not sure I agree with Mr. Baba on this one. I understand what he is saying. But the old saying that you are what you eat doesn't quite mean you inherit the spirit of what you eat. I'm not sure that animals has any more or less spirit than a plant. How can one tell? Just because we don't know or can't tell does not mean they don't. And it is just as likely that neither plant nor animal have spirits. But I do agree that we can eat less meat and be healthier. My body demands that I eat green leafy vegs at every opportunity. But a good chicken leg or sparerib sure is good every now and then.
I lost my lab about 6 months ago--he was special and I miss him dearly still.........
But that was not my point. I was referring to why the Creator created the system He/She did. Plants don't have to kill to live, we do. And that appears to be the Creator's choice.
- Veggans sai ram, Tue Apr 3 14:45"It is a fact that plants also have life like animals. But animals are endowed with mind, and nervous systems too while the plants do not possess the same. The animals cry and weep when they are... more
- IBVA Mirage, Tue Apr 3 21:26A long time ago there was a small company that made a system called IBVA. It was a biofeedback system for the old Macintosh, and you could buy some various expansions for it, headsets, etc. It came... more
- Hmmm clarym29, Tue Apr 3 17:23
- lets say sai ram, Tue Apr 3 19:56lets say not an animals spirit but rather its essence or behaviour patterns. We know the mind can affect the body...in many ways. I put a gun to your head and your knees start to wobble...sweats... more
- What PETA should do Mirage, Tue Apr 3 22:30If they managed to get a law passed that all meat animals must be named with standard human names and those names must be on packages of meat, there'd be a whole lot of vegetarians within a week.... more
- Not only that but sai ram, Tue Apr 3 23:17a picture when they were born...all excited about life......I don't remember where I was but the PETA girls were taking a shower downtown as people were walking by....sai ram..
- yeah they are selling naked blondes Mirage, Tue Apr 3 23:49If they had naked men too then at least it would be equal immodesty, but I don't think their claim that just quitting meat will make you sexier is accurate. In fact, since they don't go to much... more
- Can I order two????? (nm) clarym29, Wed Apr 4 00:54
- becareful of what you order sai ram, Wed Apr 4 08:59http://www.eonline.com/news/transgender_miss_universe_canada/305938 I think Roman Empire and decline when I read stories like this.....Hell In a Hand Basket should be this years Pageant theme
- Re: becareful of what you order Mirage, Wed Apr 4 10:29The rules didn't actually specify the candidates must be born female. It's not the first time something like this has happened. It has happened in a couple of Asian countries, and one of them won a... more
- Wishing clarym29, Wed Apr 4 09:43Yeah, you are correct--be careful what you wish for--for you just might get it. At my stage in life, if I got two blondes the most productive thing I could do is put them to work in the yard and... more
- lol Mirage, Wed Apr 4 01:15I think the idea is that if you become a vegetarian they will flock to you, for free. I can't say that possibility excites me much, though I'm sure my husband would probably have liked the idea of me ... more
- See my reply to sai ram (nm) clarym29, Wed Apr 4 09:44
- Vegan??? clarym29, Tue Apr 3 21:45I assume you have become a vegetarian? I am leaning toward that myself, but I have not arrived yet. My reasons are not moral, but that my body does better when I stick to vegs and cheese and... more
- Some caveats Mirage, Tue Apr 3 21:59It is extremely important for neurological health that you get the B vitamins which normally come from red meat. That is one of the biggest mistakes people make. I had to write a thesis on this in... more
- Vit. B clarym29, Tue Apr 3 22:25you are correct. I take vit. B shots daily. I also take vit D and over 4000 units of vit E. My doctor is aware of the newest homeopathy studies and uses the ones that apply to me. I am close to... more
- Re: Vit. B Mirage, Tue Apr 3 22:41I'm taking B, D, E, and C, to make up for the dietary restrictions I have, and drinking green tea and Smart Water to combat the dehydration I get because my glucose levels jump up when the sun rises... more
- Wow clarym29, Wed Apr 4 00:47Quite a story. You have been fighting the odds and winning--great going! My Dr. is just unorthodox enough that anything that works catches his attention. I really feel he will have added 20+ extra... more
- Thanks Mirage, Wed Apr 4 01:09I have been very fortunate to have had a family that made many sacrifices to pay for really expensive care I needed when I was growing up. Lots of bloodtests, especially. We did not have home... more
- my glucose levels sai ram, Tue Apr 3 23:21My glucose levels are off the charts....so i don't worry about them anymore.......have you been taking cinnamon?.......sai ram
- I picked it up sai ram, Tue Apr 3 21:57I picked it up in India 2004....however, not a true one. I still eat some occasional seafood. I wouldn't eat fish even, but my wife has a habit of dragging me out to eat all the time and its hard in... more
- Re: I picked it up Mirage, Tue Apr 3 22:11Mexican and Italian restaurants tend to be pretty good about substituting something else for meat if you ask. I used to ask for mushrooms instead of meat a lot and because mushrooms are cheaper, the... more
- hmmmm japanese sai ram, Tue Apr 3 22:17actually eat it alot since living there back 7 or 8 years ago......I feel the best physically after eating a nice japanese meal with green tea....problem is I have to stop on the way home at taco... more
- Let's hope he is wrong Mirage, Tue Apr 3 21:30Cannibals mostly believe/believed that eating the brains and flesh of their enemies would infuse them with the strength, intelligence, bravery, and other strengths of that enemy. His argument could... more