clarym29Am lostTue Apr 3, 2012 17:37188.8.131.52Probably always have been lost.
--Yep--still am and always will be.
Possibly when you were a child you might have experienced some true faith in Jesus Christ, but sometime during your growing up the world influenced you to the point of confusion....
--Nope. Did not do much searching; did a little at places like a Southern Baptist Church, Methodist Church, Assembly of God; thought something was amiss in each one and stopped looking. As an adult I endured trials and tribulations, just like every other adult who ever was, and searched for answers. Within Unity I read the Bible from cover to cover, discovered that all Bibles are different, studied that, looked into and studied High Criticism a bit--and I loved it. So I have continued to study the Bible, but at a slower pace when I left Unity. Actually, Unity has a coherent line of belief--and not an easy one to master. Generally, they teach to search for, understand and then follow the Christ Consciousness within each of us. That if taken seriously, is not an easy search nor easy to follow when found.
Unity is a grab bag of religions, what ever is okay.
--And I heard that often from my Deacon Catholic bother-in-law. Not so--but you can think whatever you like.
Come back to the Word of God, read and study it all the way through, try it and test it....and you'll see the Truth with a capital T.
--there is no such thing as Word of God. Period. I have read yours all the way through. I test it daily as I live. It can prove whatever you want it to including any heinous crime you can name. And it can produce all the wonderful, good actions any person can perform. It is an anything you want it to be collection of writings. It is just about meaningless because of it. But I still study it because it's history is fascinating. And there is no such thing as Truth. Can you name one??????
- You are lost wolf, Tue Apr 3 15:49Probably always have been lost. Possibly when you were a child you might have experienced some true faith in Jesus Christ, but sometime during your growing up the world influenced you to the point of ... more
- Am lost clarym29, Tue Apr 3 17:37
- Thanks for explaining Unity ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 08:31"Christ Consciousness within each of us". I did know about Unitarian-Universalist. Seems like both groups have something going ;-) But the whole congregation thing can be a drag, either too many... more
- Unity clarym29, Sat Apr 7 10:38Yes, the entire institutional thing with religion I find tiring. So I have not attended one in years. But the Fillmores had a solution to that feeling. They had envisioned a bunch of study-centers,... more
- Sure can sai ram, Tue Apr 3 20:14"And there is no such thing as Truth. Can you name one??????" ....... how about your body will experience death.....or all things is maded from energy...but here is one I especially like...again from ... more
- Okay, but.... clarym29, Tue Apr 3 21:43I don't consider the certainty of my death a Truth--it is a fact. Semantics, perhaps. Or not. Usually when somebody tries to push their Truth on me, it means they want to control my thoughts and... more
- Ah but sai ram, Tue Apr 3 22:11you can say what isn't a Truth....but can't say what is one?...if you can't, then saying what isn't doesn't have much merit.....here's one....the reason for death is birth..... "happenstance brought... more
- The reason for birth is death .... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:01depends on which end of things one is looking at. One Buddhist, the other Hindu. In ancient Indo-European culture, death was celebrated as a trip to a better world, and birth was mourned as entry... more
- Chicken Mirage, Tue Apr 3 23:02Here are the nutritional benefits of chicken. You can derive all of these elements from other sources, as long as you remember to go to the effort.... more
- here's PETA version sai ram, Tue Apr 3 23:45http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/Top-10-Reasons-Not-to-Eat-Chickens.aspx I remember as a young boy moving to a new farm house in Iowa...so of course I had to do the mandatory exploring.... more
- Re: here's PETA version Mirage, Wed Apr 4 00:09PETA doesn't bother to urge people who do eat chicken to eat organic free range chicken rather than factory birds. I never understood why they don't do that, because obviously not everyone is going... more
- Hydrogen sulfide is toxic ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:12we had a chemistry grad student die from it, in the chem lab in college, while I was in school. It becomes sulfuric acid in your lungs. Shalom
- it seems groups sai ram, Wed Apr 4 00:20its seems groups on both the left and the right...are always taken over by the nuttier of the group's members......while some of PETA cause is good....the crazies of that group keeps me away.....sai... more
- Fat fingers clarym29, Tue Apr 3 22:33Sorry, chicken eating does not reduce my fat fingers. But you may give it a try. Actually, I do not believe there is a Truth--so everything is an un-Truth, I guess. There are facts that can be... more
- You are closer to the Truth than you realize ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:04when you say there is no truth. In the highest reaches of Mahayana Buddhism, even the teachings of the Buddha are considered fictions. There is a phrase, skillful means, which means that the Buddha... more
- Sorry but sai ram, Tue Apr 3 22:42"--there is no purpose to life, but life"....but since you don't believe in Truth...this must be one of those un-Truths.....I'll have to thing about this one......sai ram
- L'Chaim .. so he must be Jewish ;-) (nm) Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:06
- Yahuh clarym29, Wed Apr 4 00:48Since nothing is Truth, then your are right, it is an un-Truth. :)) All things are relative.
- While I'm thinging sai ram, Tue Apr 3 22:43I'll be thinking as well.....sai ram
- :) clarym29, Tue Apr 3 17:14Wolf, You say "I love you and there is not a damn thing you can do about it...." What the hell---you take that back----:)))))))))))) Hey, I'll take that all year! And back at you.