MirageRe: here's PETA versionWed Apr 4, 2012 00:09126.96.36.199PETA doesn't bother to urge people who do eat chicken to eat organic free range chicken rather than factory birds. I never understood why they don't do that, because obviously not everyone is going to go vegetarian or vegan, and at least they might be able to convince people who do eat meat to not give money to factory farms.
That rotten egg smell is from hydrogen sulfide. The same smell can come from stale wells, and even occasionally human burps. Also volcanoes. Yep, it's pretty nasty smelling.
- here's PETA version sai ram, Tue Apr 3 23:45http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/Top-10-Reasons-Not-to-Eat-Chickens.aspx I remember as a young boy moving to a new farm house in Iowa...so of course I had to do the mandatory exploring.... more
- Re: here's PETA version Mirage, Wed Apr 4 00:09
- Hydrogen sulfide is toxic ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:12we had a chemistry grad student die from it, in the chem lab in college, while I was in school. It becomes sulfuric acid in your lungs. Shalom
- it seems groups sai ram, Wed Apr 4 00:20its seems groups on both the left and the right...are always taken over by the nuttier of the group's members......while some of PETA cause is good....the crazies of that group keeps me away.....sai... more
- Yeah same here Mirage, Wed Apr 4 00:29There was a time when I respected them for the most part, but they got weirder and weirder. I totally gave up on them around the time they became associated with a group that several countries... more
- There was an old Dr Who episode ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:14where the Doctor has to defeat an eccentric English vegetarian, who conspires with large vegetable aliens, to conquer the Earth, by exterminating all animal life. Shalom