clarym29PumpsWed Apr 4, 2012 09:48126.96.36.199Yeah, my Dr. has shown me some of those pumps. He is trying to develop one especially for Byetta, which is an insulin mimic. Victoza, which I use, is also one. When and if those two stop working for me, then he wants to switch me to an insulin pump.
You are indeed, blessed by having such a powerful and loving mother. Hopefully, you will continue to respond well to insulin and diet.
- Thanks Mirage, Wed Apr 4 01:09I have been very fortunate to have had a family that made many sacrifices to pay for really expensive care I needed when I was growing up. Lots of bloodtests, especially. We did not have home... more
- Pumps clarym29, Wed Apr 4 09:48
- Can't use one at this point. Mirage, Wed Apr 4 10:36I have hypoglycemia unawareness and you can get into a whole lot of trouble on a pump if you can't tell when the glucose is too low. I had a tight control doctor and my body just stopped reacting. I... more
- needles clarym29, Wed Apr 4 12:06I used to feel the same about needles. I've had so many blood tests and so much medicine that I have had to self inject that it is second nature to me now. You have a unique problem--this is where... more
- I have two really great ones Mirage, Wed Apr 4 14:20Both my GP and my endocrinologist are really up on their journals but they are also open to alternative medicine and old fashioned medicines that have fallen from favor for no good reason except... more