clarym29Let's look #2Thu Apr 5, 2012 00:12220.127.116.11My, you understand God enough to judge Him!
----And you don't? this is what judging means:• JUDGE (verb)
The verb JUDGE has 5 senses:
1. determine the result of (a competition)
2. form a critical opinion of
3. judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
4. pronounce judgment on
5. put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of
How are we to figure out if something has merit or not if we can't judge it?
Actually, all of the 'rules' were not given by God for man to keep.
---How in the world can you judge that that is true??????
They were given to show man how unable he was to keep them. They were given as an illustration and definition of what kind of God God was, for the Jews to not mistake Him with the gods of the nations.
-----If man is unable to follow any rule of the Creator, whose fault is that? The Creator. So, the Creator is simply demonstrating how incompetent He is. What do you mean kind of God--are there other kinds?
He has made Himself and all that He is available to us. Our 'love' and 'good deeds' always have some self-interest.
----He has not made anything available or clear to me, and it was not from the lack of trying.
- Re: Let's take a look. achristian1985, Wed Apr 4 22:53My, you understand God enough to judge Him! Actually, all of the 'rules' were not given by God for man to keep. They were given to show man how unable he was to keep them. They were given as an... more
- Let's look #2 clarym29, Thu Apr 5 00:12
- attempt to clarify achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 11:46God is perfect: right or wrong? I am NOT perfect, therefore my judgment may not be right. "Man looks on the outside, but God knows the hearts". The hardest verse to learn in the Bible is: "Judge not, ... more
- quoted achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 11:52"We should not consider the law merely as commandments, regulations, and ordinances. Rather, we should consider the law as God's testimony." ..."The Ten Commandments are not a person, but they are a... more
- If you are accurate clarym29, Thu Apr 5 18:16You have simply reenforced my realization that God is a crackpot. He cannot even relay a coherent sent of 10 rules.
- seek Him for yourself achristian1985, Wed Apr 4 23:02I can only point you in the right direction. I don't want to make you in my image. I want to help you to fulfill your created purpose, to be transformed into God's image. After a certain point, my... more
- But what if sai ram, Thu Apr 5 00:31"I can only point you in the right direction".....but what if you point the poor man in the wrong direction?....what if instead of him finding the road to God he needs to be on...you have him... more
- responsibility achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 11:23If you have been down a road that leads to a cliff, and were brought onto a road which brought you to the goal which all of the people on the cliff-road were seeking, what would you do? Could you... more
- Yes, responsibility, but on both parts clarym29, Fri Apr 6 09:00I, not by intellignce but by mercy only, was brought to a point in my life where my study of the external facts caused me to realize some real truths. This led me to open my being to receive God in... more
- sorry but more horsefeathers sai ram, Thu Apr 5 22:41you have no way of knowing that the road to God you are on is the correct one. Why is this so?.....you haven't completed the trip yet. You have to die before you know if its the correct road or... more
- I appreciate your concern clarym29, Thu Apr 5 00:18But I have been seeking all of my life. And I suppose I will only stop when I die. And who knows what happens after that. But your message is no different than any other Christian--or Buddhist--or... more
- PS achristian1985, Wed Apr 4 23:05There is NO end of questions, wondering in the mind. What is the question? Doesn't matter. The Answer is not knowledge but a Person.