clarym29Answer recievedFri Apr 6, 2012 09:21184.108.40.206
Sorry I gave you the wrong impression.
----No you have never given me the wrong impression. You are simply another closed-minded zealot.
You cannot improve on God, that is one of His attributes- uniqueness.
----You are right--I can't improve God--I have a hard enough time with myself. Besides, I'd rather not try to improve one myth, I'd rather just create another.
But He has no ego and is totally unselfish.
------How can a myth have an ego? Unselfish? According to the Bible he is exceedingly selfish. that is one of His hallmarks. Along with his violence and jealousy.
He shed His own blood in order to make Himself available to you.
-----that's rich--he committed suicide to make himself available? That's like me telling you that I'm going to kill myself so you can know me better?????? What? Scapegoating is a concept that was maybe understood by nomadic desert people of long ago; it has no relevance for me now.
Now the ball is in your court, misconceptions and ignorance are not valid excuses.
----I must agree with you on this one. the ball has always been in my court. And hopefully, my misconceptions and ignorance will not stand in my way of improving myself. Those are two great hurdles that I need to be aware of.
You have and know enough to believe and receive Him.
----Oh, so your God has seen fit to give me enough intelligence to understand him? Is there a threshold that can be seen or known? How so? How do you know? Why would God created people too unintelligent to know him????? I think I do know your god--which is why, at this point, I reject him.
And pick up any newspaper: do you rationally think the world can continue as is another 80 years? No one, myself included, has a guarantee that they will be alive 24 hours from now. That's the facts, like it or not.
----Yeah, I do that daily. And yes, I think the world will last another 4.5 billion years or so. The political world we live in---that changes all the time. I have idea what that will be like in another 80 years, and the fact is I will never know.
BUT there is available to everyone "the free gift of eternal life". One catch: eternal life is not a thing, it is a person.
----Yeah, yeah, I know--that elusive (unless I follow your ideas and ideals, of course) nether man who likes to play cosmic hide-and-seek. Have fun.
- Re: I have an answer now.... achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 12:55Sorry I gave you the wrong impression. You cannot improve on God, that is one of His attributes- uniqueness. But He has no ego and is totally unselfish. He shed His own blood in order to make Himself ... more
- Answer recieved clarym29, Fri Apr 6 09:21
- Not wind,fire or earthquake achristian1985, Fri Apr 6 11:53but a still, small voice. "Hath not the potter power over the clay? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it: "Why have you made me thus"."God has put eternity in the hearts of men". clarym,... more
- Familiar with the still small voice clarym29, Fri Apr 6 19:06but a still, small voice. ---This, of course, can be very powerful. And when that voice speaks I've learned I should listen. "Hath not the potter power over the clay? Shall the thing formed say to... more
- Re: Familiar with the still small voice achristian1985, Sat Apr 7 15:51Not my analogy, but the inspired one of the apostle Paul. Whose word will you respect if it doesn't agree with your concepts. 'what is right in their own eyes...is foolishness to God'.
- Respect??? clarym29, Sun Apr 8 10:18Paul? Not likely. How much respect should I give, and how inspired is, a guy who takes drugs while riding a horse, who stares into the sun (Son????) until he goes blind? In my book, not much. He's... more
- Re: Respect??? achristian1985, Sun Apr 8 16:56Your scathing abrasive character assassinations, spoken in total misinformed, ignorant generalities amaze me. I had hoped that you were a thoughtful, objective person. Fact: I concluded purely... more
- GH Pember clarym29, Sun Apr 8 18:40Scientific and objective--okay two quotes from the Earth's Earliest Ages; pg 109. "Reason is fallible and often dangerous; but the power of the spirit is an instinctive and unerring perception of... more
- Re: GH Pember achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:25Anybody, and usually everybody at some point, can TALK about God. Anybody, and usually everybody at some point, can give their enlightened opinion about what God’s shortcomings are (like the blind... more
- very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:21I congratulate you on your accurate observation. I suggested Pember for his insight on the invisible spiritual aspects which are not directly spelled out in the Bible. Unfortunatel, Pember dabbled at ... more
- Please correct me clarym29, Sun Apr 8 17:38then. You said: Fact: I concluded purely through logical, objective, scientific reasoning that: 1. The Bible was the word of God, 2. Christ was who He said He was, 3. There was a secondary, opposing... more
- "the Word is near you, even in your mouth" achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:55"The same Lord is rich to all who call upon His name" <not silently thinking about Him, however fervently> "No one can say: "Jesus is Lord" except in the sSpirit". You are sooooo close. "Who has... more
- my book, relating my search achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:34www.amessageforthehumanrace.org 1. I recently decided (after waiting 30 years) that it was okay to disseminate <too prematurely might interfere with free-will process> 2. The most easy and... more