clarym29Answer recievedFri Apr 6, 2012 09:2122.214.171.124
Sorry I gave you the wrong impression.
----No you have never given me the wrong impression. You are simply another closed-minded zealot.
You cannot improve on God, that is one of His attributes- uniqueness.
----You are right--I can't improve God--I have a hard enough time with myself. Besides, I'd rather not try to improve one myth, I'd rather just create another.
But He has no ego and is totally unselfish.
------How can a myth have an ego? Unselfish? According to the Bible he is exceedingly selfish. that is one of His hallmarks. Along with his violence and jealousy.
He shed His own blood in order to make Himself available to you.
-----that's rich--he committed suicide to make himself available? That's like me telling you that I'm going to kill myself so you can know me better?????? What? Scapegoating is a concept that was maybe understood by nomadic desert people of long ago; it has no relevance for me now.
Now the ball is in your court, misconceptions and ignorance are not valid excuses.
----I must agree with you on this one. the ball has always been in my court. And hopefully, my misconceptions and ignorance will not stand in my way of improving myself. Those are two great hurdles that I need to be aware of.
You have and know enough to believe and receive Him.
----Oh, so your God has seen fit to give me enough intelligence to understand him? Is there a threshold that can be seen or known? How so? How do you know? Why would God created people too unintelligent to know him????? I think I do know your god--which is why, at this point, I reject him.
And pick up any newspaper: do you rationally think the world can continue as is another 80 years? No one, myself included, has a guarantee that they will be alive 24 hours from now. That's the facts, like it or not.
----Yeah, I do that daily. And yes, I think the world will last another 4.5 billion years or so. The political world we live in---that changes all the time. I have idea what that will be like in another 80 years, and the fact is I will never know.
BUT there is available to everyone "the free gift of eternal life". One catch: eternal life is not a thing, it is a person.
----Yeah, yeah, I know--that elusive (unless I follow your ideas and ideals, of course) nether man who likes to play cosmic hide-and-seek. Have fun.
- Logical Inference re.:God achristian1985, Wed Mar 28 17:05Come, let us reason together: There are two, and only two, explanations for the means whereby life now exists on this planet. First, there is the explanation that life on earth was divinely created.... more
- And the possibility of life arriving from space.... Kasey, Tue Apr 3 06:22during the Earth's bombardment of water comets which ultimately occurred millions of years to form our oceans? Regards, Kasey
- Hmm Mirage, Thu Mar 29 18:47What if God isn't a biological organism?
- both achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 12:58He came into a locked room. And breathed into them the Spirit. And had them feel the wounds on His body. And appeared, and disappeared. "Now the Lord is the Spirit".
- ie The summation of Natural forces? (nm) Kasey, Tue Apr 3 06:31
- Re: ie The summation of Natural forces? Mirage, Tue Apr 3 11:51That's a poetic and rather beautiful conceptualization. Thank you. I think that's pretty much how my father saw things.
- I rather suspect he isn't.... (nm) Frashavan, Fri Mar 30 07:56
- Re: I rather suspect he isn't.... Mirage, Fri Mar 30 10:31Well, since he has invited us to reason together with him, I think this is a fairly obvious question. Am not trying to lure him into speculating about the origins of God, but I don't think this... more
- my motives achristian1985, Fri Mar 30 12:05God led me to Himself mentally, logically. Not emotionally nor through cultural, familial influence. So, it gives me an edge in relating things rationally. Personally, there is a lot of the human... more
- evolution of God achristian1985, Fri Mar 30 11:56Even the mere phrase above is misleading, and throws thought off track from what I was trying (poorly) to illuminate: There are many people who embrace evolution not so much for its many scientific... more
- In the Beginning clarym29, Thu Apr 5 10:31This entire subject is a mental minefield. The First Cause. We all understand that everything has an ending and a beginning. Can't really have one with the other--a unit, so to speak. So, the Big... more
- don't wait, get an answer now achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 11:00He came not to judge the world but to give us His eternal life. Right here, right now, free offer. Just recognize it and receive. Don't wait 'until you die'. Death is the might of Satan, and the end... more
- I have an answer now.... clarym29, Thu Apr 5 11:07But I appreciate your concern. But my answer is not your answer. One size does not fit all. You seem to presume that I have not done what you suggest I do. I have at a few times in my life done... more
- Re: I have an answer now.... achristian1985, Thu Apr 5 12:55Sorry I gave you the wrong impression. You cannot improve on God, that is one of His attributes- uniqueness. But He has no ego and is totally unselfish. He shed His own blood in order to make Himself ... more
- Answer recieved clarym29, Fri Apr 6 09:21
- Not wind,fire or earthquake achristian1985, Fri Apr 6 11:53but a still, small voice. "Hath not the potter power over the clay? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it: "Why have you made me thus"."God has put eternity in the hearts of men". clarym,... more
- Familiar with the still small voice clarym29, Fri Apr 6 19:06but a still, small voice. ---This, of course, can be very powerful. And when that voice speaks I've learned I should listen. "Hath not the potter power over the clay? Shall the thing formed say to... more
- Re: Familiar with the still small voice achristian1985, Sat Apr 7 15:51Not my analogy, but the inspired one of the apostle Paul. Whose word will you respect if it doesn't agree with your concepts. 'what is right in their own eyes...is foolishness to God'.
- Respect??? clarym29, Sun Apr 8 10:18Paul? Not likely. How much respect should I give, and how inspired is, a guy who takes drugs while riding a horse, who stares into the sun (Son????) until he goes blind? In my book, not much. He's... more
- Re: Respect??? achristian1985, Sun Apr 8 16:56Your scathing abrasive character assassinations, spoken in total misinformed, ignorant generalities amaze me. I had hoped that you were a thoughtful, objective person. Fact: I concluded purely... more
- GH Pember clarym29, Sun Apr 8 18:40Scientific and objective--okay two quotes from the Earth's Earliest Ages; pg 109. "Reason is fallible and often dangerous; but the power of the spirit is an instinctive and unerring perception of... more
- Re: GH Pember achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:25Anybody, and usually everybody at some point, can TALK about God. Anybody, and usually everybody at some point, can give their enlightened opinion about what God’s shortcomings are (like the blind... more
- very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:21I congratulate you on your accurate observation. I suggested Pember for his insight on the invisible spiritual aspects which are not directly spelled out in the Bible. Unfortunatel, Pember dabbled at ... more
- Re: very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:23I am perturbed, flabbergasted, and disturbed by the continuing efforts of misguided (to the point even of committing perjury in ‘Dover, et. al.’) and scripturally incorrect religious people to foist... more
- Re: very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:24The greatest misconception that Satan has ever put in the minds of the human race is a disbelief in his existence. The second greatest misconception that Satan has put in the minds of the human race... more
- Over and over again..... clarym29, Mon Apr 9 12:45achristian--take a deep breath, and think for a moment. You keep repeating the same drivel over and over again thinking, apparently, that the more it is repeated the more true it is. No--a falsehood... more
- Re: Over and over again..... achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:39I also put a lot of emphasis on Revelation. The beginning and the ending of anything are almost always the most important parts. Any other irrelevent complaints?
- fact achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:35Jesus is God. That's the bottom line that separates the wheat from the chaff. All the world's knowledge is useless if it doesn't lead you to a realization of this. Neither John the baptizer nor I are ... more
- Not a fact clarym29, Mon Apr 9 18:12That is an opinion. And that is yours. Not mine. You suggest: "That's the bottom line that separates the wheat from the chaff. All the world's knowledge is useless if it doesn't lead you to a... more
- clarify for clarym achristian1985, Tue Apr 10 10:43We are made aware of the universe around us through comprehending knowledge about it, and also through hands-on experiences of it. All of these objective things are adequate pictures depicting... more
- Fair enough clarym29, Tue Apr 10 11:23We are made aware of the universe around us through comprehending knowledge about it, and also through hands-on experiences of it. Oh yes, I agree. I learn mainly by sight, but I do have a large... more
- Re: Fair enough achristian1985, Tue Apr 10 16:02"Reason and intellect are distractions for you." When in darkness, black is white and white is black. Reason and intellect are the only valid means to accurately communicate unseen but experienciable ... more
- Circles clarym29, Tue Apr 10 16:11You are talking in circles. And I think you are simply too dizzy to think straight. I think if you lie down for awhile you will feel better.
- Re: Over and over again..... achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:31it's in my book: 425 pages, 321 scientific (non-scriptural footnotes. That's the best I can give you. CHAPTER ONE THE AXIOM I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say . . . Seek... more
- Please correct me clarym29, Sun Apr 8 17:38then. You said: Fact: I concluded purely through logical, objective, scientific reasoning that: 1. The Bible was the word of God, 2. Christ was who He said He was, 3. There was a secondary, opposing... more
- "the Word is near you, even in your mouth" achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:55"The same Lord is rich to all who call upon His name" <not silently thinking about Him, however fervently> "No one can say: "Jesus is Lord" except in the sSpirit". You are sooooo close. "Who has... more
- my book, relating my search achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:34www.amessageforthehumanrace.org 1. I recently decided (after waiting 30 years) that it was okay to disseminate <too prematurely might interfere with free-will process> 2. The most easy and... more
- But....but sai ram, Thu Apr 5 18:56"But He has no ego and is totally unselfish"...where did you get this information?....you aren't making things up are you?....see I thought God was smiteful and jealous...and prone to anger.....all... more
- Thanks for clarifying Mirage, Fri Mar 30 12:39Cosmogony is an interest of mine.
- your speculation achristian1985, Fri Mar 30 11:44Your wondering is past the scope of objective knowledge, which is capable only of pointing you in the direction of truth. Yes, one day God incarnated to be a man, and is now available as the Spirit... more
- As it happens Mirage, Fri Mar 30 12:46I already believe in the reality of Jesus. I've said I am a Christian. I may not be a typical Christian but I am one. I believe in both Jesus Christ and evolution.
- belief in versus receiving into achristian1985, Mon Apr 2 10:37The Greek text (much more precise and descriptive than English) uses the word INTO when it speaks of people believing into Jesus: receiving Him into their being. Mere objective belief of something... more
- I lack words for my experience Mirage, Mon Apr 2 12:47I'm not planning on asking the devil anything. What happened to me was immense, profound, and deeply personal. When I try to talk about it, it doesn't come out right. It doesn't touch it. The word... more
- Spiritual occurances sai ram, Thu Apr 5 01:12can be most profound...I've had a number of them and also won't share except to a select few...but I don't think they need to be shared...they were personally designed for myself....yours I'm sure... more
- thanks achristian1985, Tue Apr 3 10:02Thanks for the advice on CAPS. I can be rude, crude, and sociallu unacceptable w/o even trying or meaning to- which detracts from the message. RE: your experience: Most people get noticeable... more