BaruchCorrect, we are the best ;-)Sat Apr 7, 2012 07:25220.127.116.11Third World country. Just don't blame the poor immigrants, legal or otherwise. Blame the Anglo-Saxons (who blame everyone except themselves) aka Tea Party. They have been messing things up (just ask King George) since Boston in 1770. Ever consider that the Brits were right, and the colonists were a bunch of terrorists? All that lost tea ... the horror! Also please (if it is so), don't be partisan if you really want to help. If the Democrats cut back-room deals with Republicans, and you don't like either, then join a Third Party. Stop enabling the rot.
Yes, in Federalism, the Feds can take over a state, the states can take over a county or municipality. This is what happens when you are bankrupt, some court or other government body has to assume responsibility. Alas, much of Michigan is bankrupt ... though I am not sure it was solely their own fault ... there may have been a hit against Detroit, arranged on a lilly White golf course someplace. Human nature doesn't change much, though our expression does improve a bit over long centuries. America is a racist country, always has been, always will be. To some folks, Detroit ... and Washington DC, have to wear cement galoshes, because those are the most Black cities in America.
I think this is fact, though as a fair person, I am not happy about it. Then again, I am mostly appalled by the troglydite behavior of my fellow citizens. Politics is a dirty business ... so unless you want to get dirty, don't engage. And don't believe any of the civic class propaganda you may have been taught while reciting the Pledge. I love the pledge, but it is an ideal, not a reality. Unless every citizen, every generation, fights to the death to support, not the flag, but what it represents, then Americans should be down on the Monsanto plantation, picking cotton, and it won't be based on skin color this time.
- O say can you see, the U. S. Oligarchy? ipirate2, Fri Apr 6 07:45O say can you see, the U. S. Oligarchy? The U. S. is on sale. Buy it while itís hot. O say can you see, by the dawn's early light, what so proudly we hailed we now proudly renounce. democracy... more
- When the big $$$$ could win an election! (nm) Kasey, Sun Apr 8 09:24
- vike: West Coast radiation sai ram, Sat Apr 7 17:06could it be that our government isn't cutting us in on this?......naw http://www.setyoufreenews.com/2012/04/03/the-radiation-warnings-you-wont-get-from-the-mainstream-propaganda-machine/
- vike: While I was gone ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 21:42I saw the movie, John Carter. I thought it was good escapism. I also rewatched the funny but spiritual animation, Rango. Shalom
- Someone I know, bought his own radiation meter ;-( (nm) Baruch, Sat Apr 7 17:20
- Political theory vs political reality ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 07:14Originally neither women, Indians, slaves and men without enough real estate ... couldn't vote. Perhaps we should have kept it that way? The US is a republic, same as Nazi Germany or the Soviet... more
- Re: Political theory vs political reality ... ipirate2, Wed Apr 11 07:17Sometimes thinking in an analogical way shows a clearer picture. Good work. Regards DL
- Well the more you dilute sai ram, Sat Apr 7 17:10Well the more you dilute the voter base...the greater the chance of dummies getting to vote.....it was already high before it was diluted....the only thing left is prisoners and children....perhaps... more
- Agree--to a point clarym29, Sun Apr 8 10:03But the Rep. are limiting voting only in classes that vote mainly Demo. While I am not a huge fan of either party, what this means is that the Rep party will have a much easier time winning and that... more
- i think I've solved the problem sai ram, Sun Apr 8 11:32As I have said I don't have much faith in the voting public....hows thi? You vote...if your candidate wins and if this elected official is covicted of any crime while holding office. The voter can't... more
- I can do it even faster ... Baruch, Sun Apr 8 13:56Convict every officeholder of corruption (common individual attack in Republican Rome or Athens). I won't bother to define what corruption is, but I won't be partisan (my officeholder is not corrupt... more
- Or..... clarym29, Sun Apr 8 11:58maybe we should go in the opposite direction. Maybe a full democracy should be tried--like the New England townhall meetings. That, too, would slow down the who government process and make one person ... more
- Correct ... Baruch, Sun Apr 8 14:10you simply have to reestablish the "polis" ... which was similar to our counties ... only on the basis of population, not on gerrymandering. Ancient Megara for example, near Athens. City population... more
- Sai is a rather strange person ... Baruch, Sun Apr 8 10:23an American Hindu by choice, and also rather Republican. If he was Democrat he would be Buddhist of course ;-) The media and the DINO/RINO coalition, want every election to be razor thin, like... more
- I see--he wears only one Jack boot???? (nm) clarym29, Sun Apr 8 10:40
- On the positive side sai ram, Sun Apr 8 12:33its spit polished......with a wing-tip top.....sai ram..
- very conservitive--wing-tips never go out of style. (nm) clarym29, Sun Apr 8 22:44
- My dad sai ram, Mon Apr 9 09:36My dad always bought my two other brothers and me wing tips growing up....and they ALWAYS had to be shined.....as he always said...."make sure you shine the back's of them real good...for thats the... more
- Good advice clarym29, Mon Apr 9 09:43My dad was partial to wing tips, too.
- Well sai ram, Fri Apr 6 10:22while I was growing up I thought democracy was the way to go...one man (er, woman)...one vote......but the problem with this is the voter. One highly educated person who knows the issues....knows the ... more
- Alas part of the point of politics ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 07:58is for the somewhat rich, to get much richer. Just ask the Clintons and their $5 million dollar wedding for their daughter! Well, beats the royal one last year for a mere $200 million!! Yes, study... more
- Lie detector tests... MN_Morgan, Fri Apr 6 19:27Don't work on sociopaths. It only works if you believe you're lying and if you don't know the polygraph tests don't really work. If you stay frosty, it won't pick up a thing.
- I have a way around that ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 07:47put the lie detector on a voter, and if the voter thinks the politician is lying ... zing! Shalom
- Flawless! (nm) MN_Morgan, Sat Apr 7 15:38
- They are better than nuttin (nm) sai ram, Fri Apr 6 21:19
- Not really clarym29, Fri Apr 6 21:47For it seems all of our politicians are sociopaths. They simply don't care. Corporate money tends to do that.
- I prefer water-boarding ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 08:02so do both parties. I would say, OK be a politician, but you get tortured every day while you are in office. And not with rubber chicken fund raisers. While torture won't cure sociopaths (who also... more
- And let's start with Cheney clarym29, Sat Apr 7 09:31who finally really does have a heart.
- I would have him spend time in his ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 09:34man sized safe ... I guess a mini-dungeon ... but I not that kinky. I did see a political cartoon of him in S&M clothing once ... was quite appropriate. Shalom
- Sadly clarym29, Fri Apr 6 08:42You are correct, and maybe even understating it a bit. Michigan has a law that allows the state to take over any city, fire all the elected officials, appoint a manager who can do just about anything ... more
- Correct, we are the best ;-) Baruch, Sat Apr 7 07:25