BaruchI am glad nobody cured my of my Asparger's ...Sat Apr 7, 2012 08:47184.108.40.206if they had, I would drive a big pickup truck, drink beer, and watch NFL ;-) Like Capt Kirk said about himself, in the movie about Spock's misguided brother, if he was healed of his pain, he wouldn't be himself anymore.
- Having a child with autism Frashavan, Wed Apr 4 08:19We didn't know that Eli had autism when we adopted him, we knew he had a wonderful, magical smile. We knew he adored his big-brother from the moment they met. Time went on, and he didn't start to... more
- I am glad nobody cured my of my Asparger's ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 08:47
- So much to learn... clarym29, Wed Apr 4 12:24I remember watching a documentary on The Learning Channel, I think, featuring an autistic woman who is now in charge of an agricultural program at a Texas University I think. I do not remember her... more
- Indeed MN_Morgan, Wed Apr 4 10:37It sounds like they're taking good consistent structured care of him. The boy I train with after school has Autism, and it's not an easy task to keep from sabotaging work done with him. It makes me... more
- They are really good Frashavan, Wed Apr 4 18:09Eli loves school, and learning things, which helps a lot.
- Each person born, is handicapped ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 08:49most handicaps aren't visible. Each child learns, if possible, ways of coping, by using their body and mind, in creative ways. This is like the genesis of a shaman. In their case it is mental... more
- I like that analogy clarym29, Sat Apr 7 10:09I guess that is a more creative way of saying that everybody is different.
- Creative yes, but hopefully more hopeful and insightful (nm) Baruch, Sat Apr 7 10:34
- That's something beautiful... MN_Morgan, Thu Apr 5 13:08When you see a kid get engaged into something like that. Sounds like he's gunning 110%.
- Thank you so very much for sharing this. Mirage, Wed Apr 4 10:17I have never been diagnosed as autistic but some people have suggested that I may have Asperger's. That is not why I am thanking you. I am thanking you because before I turned 2 I was diagnosed with... more
- It can be very hard for parents Frashavan, Wed Apr 4 18:23I was a severe, chronic asthmatic from infancy. It must have been very hard on my parents. The only two things I know for sure was my Mother told someone once, and I overheard, how much she hated... more
- In my case, I stammered a lot until in High School (nm) Baruch, Sat Apr 7 08:50