BaruchYou are closer to the Truth than you realize ...Sat Apr 7, 2012 22:0418.104.22.168when you say there is no truth. In the highest reaches of Mahayana Buddhism, even the teachings of the Buddha are considered fictions. There is a phrase, skillful means, which means that the Buddha was use anything to reduce suffering, including falsehood. And Zen teaches if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him! Can't think of any Abrahamics saying that about their favorite prophet. Besides, you have to be Jewish to benefit from schmaltz (chicken fat).
Yes, you have to find your own meaning, your own purpose. Though because of human nature, these meanings share a lot in common.
- Fat fingers clarym29, Tue Apr 3 22:33Sorry, chicken eating does not reduce my fat fingers. But you may give it a try. Actually, I do not believe there is a Truth--so everything is an un-Truth, I guess. There are facts that can be... more
- You are closer to the Truth than you realize ... Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:04
- Sorry but sai ram, Tue Apr 3 22:42"--there is no purpose to life, but life"....but since you don't believe in Truth...this must be one of those un-Truths.....I'll have to thing about this one......sai ram
- L'Chaim .. so he must be Jewish ;-) (nm) Baruch, Sat Apr 7 22:06
- Yahuh clarym29, Wed Apr 4 00:48Since nothing is Truth, then your are right, it is an un-Truth. :)) All things are relative.
- While I'm thinging sai ram, Tue Apr 3 22:43I'll be thinking as well.....sai ram