clarym29GH PemberSun Apr 8, 2012 18:40126.96.36.199Scientific and objective--okay two quotes from the Earth's Earliest Ages; pg 109.
"Reason is fallible and often dangerous; but the power of the spirit is an instinctive and unerring perception of truth." And, "And thus we may easily see that intellect is not merely fallible, but the most dangerous of all gifts unless it be guided by the spirit of God."
Without reason and intellect there is no science.
- Re: Respect??? achristian1985, Sun Apr 8 16:56Your scathing abrasive character assassinations, spoken in total misinformed, ignorant generalities amaze me. I had hoped that you were a thoughtful, objective person. Fact: I concluded purely... more
- GH Pember clarym29, Sun Apr 8 18:40
- Re: GH Pember achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:25Anybody, and usually everybody at some point, can TALK about God. Anybody, and usually everybody at some point, can give their enlightened opinion about what God’s shortcomings are (like the blind... more
- very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:21I congratulate you on your accurate observation. I suggested Pember for his insight on the invisible spiritual aspects which are not directly spelled out in the Bible. Unfortunatel, Pember dabbled at ... more
- Re: very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:23I am perturbed, flabbergasted, and disturbed by the continuing efforts of misguided (to the point even of committing perjury in ‘Dover, et. al.’) and scripturally incorrect religious people to foist... more
- Re: very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:24The greatest misconception that Satan has ever put in the minds of the human race is a disbelief in his existence. The second greatest misconception that Satan has put in the minds of the human race... more
- Over and over again..... clarym29, Mon Apr 9 12:45achristian--take a deep breath, and think for a moment. You keep repeating the same drivel over and over again thinking, apparently, that the more it is repeated the more true it is. No--a falsehood... more
- Re: Over and over again..... achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:39I also put a lot of emphasis on Revelation. The beginning and the ending of anything are almost always the most important parts. Any other irrelevent complaints?
- fact achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:35Jesus is God. That's the bottom line that separates the wheat from the chaff. All the world's knowledge is useless if it doesn't lead you to a realization of this. Neither John the baptizer nor I are ... more
- Not a fact clarym29, Mon Apr 9 18:12That is an opinion. And that is yours. Not mine. You suggest: "That's the bottom line that separates the wheat from the chaff. All the world's knowledge is useless if it doesn't lead you to a... more
- clarify for clarym achristian1985, Tue Apr 10 10:43We are made aware of the universe around us through comprehending knowledge about it, and also through hands-on experiences of it. All of these objective things are adequate pictures depicting... more
- Re: Over and over again..... achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:31it's in my book: 425 pages, 321 scientific (non-scriptural footnotes. That's the best I can give you. CHAPTER ONE THE AXIOM I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say . . . Seek... more
- Please correct me clarym29, Sun Apr 8 17:38then. You said: Fact: I concluded purely through logical, objective, scientific reasoning that: 1. The Bible was the word of God, 2. Christ was who He said He was, 3. There was a secondary, opposing... more
- "the Word is near you, even in your mouth" achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:55"The same Lord is rich to all who call upon His name" <not silently thinking about Him, however fervently> "No one can say: "Jesus is Lord" except in the sSpirit". You are sooooo close. "Who has... more
- my book, relating my search achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:34www.amessageforthehumanrace.org 1. I recently decided (after waiting 30 years) that it was okay to disseminate <too prematurely might interfere with free-will process> 2. The most easy and... more