clarym29Over and over again.....Mon Apr 9, 2012 12:45220.127.116.11achristian--take a deep breath, and think for a moment. You keep repeating the same drivel over and over again thinking, apparently, that the more it is repeated the more true it is. No--a falsehood repeated is still a falsehood. I asked for facts and reasons, but you have supplied not one. None of the Bible is based upon fact; it is a treatise oh what it means to be spiritual and therefore cannot be fact based. That is a truth you need to deal with. Pember is the type of author that makes little sense to me--he advertises that reason and intellect are not to be used--and he certainty does not use them. To me that is proof that he trying to sell me a pig-in-a-poke; a snakeoil salesman. You put too much emphasis upon Genesis. The fact that it contains two creation myths does not mean the rest of the Bible is inaccurate. The rest of the Bible proves that it is on its own merits. You are not that far from the thoughts and ideas of a Southern Baptist. You disagree about Genesis maybe, but little else. The following terms are important for me:
Fact--that is something that is provable, readily observed or verifiable.
Hypothesis--that is a set of facts or ideas put forth as being possible; that can be tested and proven or dis proven. An educated guess or guess for which all of the known facts fit---it can be tested. If not then it is stated as simply an unproven hypothesis.
Theory--For me that is a tested hypothesis, that was either proven or dis proven. So, the theory of evolution is just that--based on proven facts.
With that in mind, can you supply me any facts, or theories dealing with Jesus or God?
- Re: very astute achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 11:24The greatest misconception that Satan has ever put in the minds of the human race is a disbelief in his existence. The second greatest misconception that Satan has put in the minds of the human race... more
- Over and over again..... clarym29, Mon Apr 9 12:45
- Re: Over and over again..... achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:39I also put a lot of emphasis on Revelation. The beginning and the ending of anything are almost always the most important parts. Any other irrelevent complaints?
- fact achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:35Jesus is God. That's the bottom line that separates the wheat from the chaff. All the world's knowledge is useless if it doesn't lead you to a realization of this. Neither John the baptizer nor I are ... more
- Not a fact clarym29, Mon Apr 9 18:12That is an opinion. And that is yours. Not mine. You suggest: "That's the bottom line that separates the wheat from the chaff. All the world's knowledge is useless if it doesn't lead you to a... more
- clarify for clarym achristian1985, Tue Apr 10 10:43We are made aware of the universe around us through comprehending knowledge about it, and also through hands-on experiences of it. All of these objective things are adequate pictures depicting... more
- Fair enough clarym29, Tue Apr 10 11:23We are made aware of the universe around us through comprehending knowledge about it, and also through hands-on experiences of it. Oh yes, I agree. I learn mainly by sight, but I do have a large... more
- Re: Fair enough achristian1985, Tue Apr 10 16:02"Reason and intellect are distractions for you." When in darkness, black is white and white is black. Reason and intellect are the only valid means to accurately communicate unseen but experienciable ... more
- Circles clarym29, Tue Apr 10 16:11You are talking in circles. And I think you are simply too dizzy to think straight. I think if you lie down for awhile you will feel better.
- Re: Over and over again..... achristian1985, Mon Apr 9 16:31it's in my book: 425 pages, 321 scientific (non-scriptural footnotes. That's the best I can give you. CHAPTER ONE THE AXIOM I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say . . . Seek... more