BaruchA puritan is afraid someone somewhere ...Wed Apr 11, 2012 06:0818.104.22.168is having a good time ;-) I do have a friend who regards all so called aliens of scifi, abductions etc ... as demons, who have trans-dimensional technology. But then she simply doesn't appreciate life forms that aren't approximately Caucasian. Creatures with exoskeletons must find mammals to be horrific ... being inside out.
As for me, I do believe in NDE ... though not how they are usually interpreted. They are like dreams, and dreams do come from G-d, including nightmares. Consciousness itself isn't really objective, but a kind of sustained pragmatic hysteria filled with delusions. But then the Buddha knew what he was talking about.
- NDEs evil this guy claims Tony Jiang, Tue Apr 10 23:58says this guy that NDE are from demons! and that just because it feels good it cant be from god because sins are bad but they feel good... more
- A puritan is afraid someone somewhere ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 06:08
- My mother had a NDE clarym29, Wed Apr 11 11:16but it was not quite like the usual ones. She had been admitted to the hospital for problems with knee surgery. The nurse, apparently, had given he a double dose of insulin by mistake. My mother said ... more
- There is more to heaven and earth ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 18:07than imagined by materialists. i take a position of pure empiricism in regards to human experience. If you experience it, it is real, whether it is objective or not. Confining one's reality to the... more
- Much more clarym29, Wed Apr 11 18:15I do not pretend to understand all that is--or even a tiny fraction. I will die knowing that I have much to learn. I would venture to say that all people ever born or will be born will experience... more
- Yes, balance or harmony are good words ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 18:21and rejection of the aspects of life we don't like, is natural, but leads some to over-react, rejecting Life itself. The Buddha says don't grasp ... witness but don't get bound up in likes and... more
- You have to have sai ram, Wed Apr 11 21:25you have to have unbalance and non-harmony.....for without them you can't have balance and harmony....so to be in a state of unbalance and non-harmony is just as important.....one is just more... more
- Not disciplined enough clarym29, Wed Apr 11 19:51to fully take on Buddhism. I think the best way for me in most aspects of life is balance and harmony. I also like to embrace what I like--except I can't embrace ice cream nearly as much as I'd like. ... more
- Well like all great religions ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 21:47Buddhism has more than one form. The Zen form, at least for lay people, isn't all that disciplined. In Soto Zen, all you have to do is sit quietly part of the time. No meditation on a koan, no... more
- I find clarym29, Thu Apr 12 10:23that terms and labels don't draw me in on a personal level. What I mean is that if something works for me, then I'll use it or stick with it. My personal code is drawn from all over--could be... more
- Just hallucinations! (nm) Kasey, Wed Apr 11 00:21
- Life is often a bad dream ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 06:09I only wish it were as easy to correct, as simply taking a psychotropic drug like LSD. Unfortunately the kind of dream we call reality, requires hard work to change.