BaruchThere is more to heaven and earth ...Wed Apr 11, 2012 18:0722.214.171.124than imagined by materialists. i take a position of pure empiricism in regards to human experience. If you experience it, it is real, whether it is objective or not. Confining one's reality to the objective, is a part of materialist puritanism. Subjective reality is actually more comprehensive than objective reality, not the other way around ... and what is objective is actually only relatively so. This is also true of rationality. Human experience is largely irrational, with only moments of logical lucidity ... and logic if you examine it carefully, is a weak reed to lean on.
- NDEs evil this guy claims Tony Jiang, Tue Apr 10 23:58says this guy that NDE are from demons! and that just because it feels good it cant be from god because sins are bad but they feel good... more
- A puritan is afraid someone somewhere ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 06:08is having a good time ;-) I do have a friend who regards all so called aliens of scifi, abductions etc ... as demons, who have trans-dimensional technology. But then she simply doesn't appreciate... more
- My mother had a NDE clarym29, Wed Apr 11 11:16but it was not quite like the usual ones. She had been admitted to the hospital for problems with knee surgery. The nurse, apparently, had given he a double dose of insulin by mistake. My mother said ... more
- There is more to heaven and earth ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 18:07
- Much more clarym29, Wed Apr 11 18:15I do not pretend to understand all that is--or even a tiny fraction. I will die knowing that I have much to learn. I would venture to say that all people ever born or will be born will experience... more
- Yes, balance or harmony are good words ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 18:21and rejection of the aspects of life we don't like, is natural, but leads some to over-react, rejecting Life itself. The Buddha says don't grasp ... witness but don't get bound up in likes and... more
- You have to have sai ram, Wed Apr 11 21:25you have to have unbalance and non-harmony.....for without them you can't have balance and harmony....so to be in a state of unbalance and non-harmony is just as important.....one is just more... more
- Not disciplined enough clarym29, Wed Apr 11 19:51to fully take on Buddhism. I think the best way for me in most aspects of life is balance and harmony. I also like to embrace what I like--except I can't embrace ice cream nearly as much as I'd like. ... more
- Well like all great religions ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 21:47Buddhism has more than one form. The Zen form, at least for lay people, isn't all that disciplined. In Soto Zen, all you have to do is sit quietly part of the time. No meditation on a koan, no... more
- I find clarym29, Thu Apr 12 10:23that terms and labels don't draw me in on a personal level. What I mean is that if something works for me, then I'll use it or stick with it. My personal code is drawn from all over--could be... more
- With all institutions ... Baruch, Thu Apr 12 18:00it is "one size fits all" ... even if the leadership "is" included. Otherwise it is one size for the leaders and one other size for all the rest of us. Listening to your internal "daemon" is what... more
- Rather clarym29, Thu Apr 12 19:50than thinking of the inner and outer, I think of it as the rational and emotional--those are the two parts I like to achieve harmony with. That is a lifetime occupation. I've gotten fairly good at... more
- Just hallucinations! (nm) Kasey, Wed Apr 11 00:21
- Life is often a bad dream ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 06:09I only wish it were as easy to correct, as simply taking a psychotropic drug like LSD. Unfortunately the kind of dream we call reality, requires hard work to change.