clarym29Thanks for the replySun Apr 15, 2012 10:4222.214.171.124I find your points to be well made. Especially those about the Synoptics. The next comments will be filtered through a horrid head cold, 2/3 years of not paying attention to this stuff and the resultant fuzzy memory; all should be prefaced with--as I recall. Jesus and Joshua are translated to Savior, I believe. While Moses lead his people out of Egypt and into the desert, he never made it to the Promised Land, but Joshua did as the new leader of his people. It was hoped that a new Savior would lead his people out of trouble with Rome and so Jesus was created to do that. This suggestion has more than that, but this is what I recall.
I need to study more in the areas you brought up, since my thrust of study was to look at all the historical witnesses of Jesus to see if any of those had any credibility. As far as I can tell, none did.
- in this video Tony Jiang, Fri Apr 13 18:38http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXCPamPHgo&feature=player_embedded this woman claimed that she saw Jesus and said she felt light and love but she claimed it was a fake jesus, I though that Christians ... more
- Have to laugh clarym29, Sat Apr 14 11:25The shows host uttered these words-"and that is deception" (meaning the occult). What the heck is organized religion????? Christian sects of all strips make their livings with deception.
- A few more politically incorrect points ... Baruch, Sun Apr 15 04:47Usually I advocate the Jewishness of Jesus, because of Christian prejudice but Jesus isn't just Jewish ... so besides the aspects that Jesus shared, instead of differed from the Pharisees (lay... more
- Thanks for the reply clarym29, Sun Apr 15 10:42
- There were plenty of false messiahs and wonder workers ... Baruch, Sun Apr 15 12:14in ancient Israel/Judah. There were plenty of human prototypes to draw storytelling on, and they probably were. I am not saying that there was no Jewish component, no humanistic component. But if... more
- Our terrorists are freedom fighters .... sure (nm) Baruch, Sat Apr 14 11:51
- It"s all a big conn anyway! (nm) Kasey, Sat Apr 14 06:45
- Video didn't play well with others ... Baruch, Sat Apr 14 02:29didn't play at all in fact. But what I could see was just people talking second hand about other people's experiences. So nothing really to see anyway. Only first hand testimony has much value. Yes,... more