BaruchThere are perhaps 100,000 NT Messianic Jews ....Tue Apr 17, 2012 06:07184.108.40.206and other Jews count us as Christian, but the Christians count us as Jews. This has developed mostly in the last 45 years. Messianism was prompted by the 1967 Arab-Israeli war and the reconquest of Jerusalem. Some Jewish Messianics are the crazy settlers on the West Bank, but those settlers are counted by both Jews and Gentiles as Jews, because they don't consider the NT to be prophetic. Confusing terminology I am afraid. There are maybe 50,000 of those.
The problem for both Jew and Gentile is that both Messianic groups are trouble for Rabbinic Judaism (religious Jews), for Secular Judaism (the majority) and for Gentile Christians. In particular, once there are 140,000 Jewish martyrs (if one believes Revelations) the end of the world comes. The fundies don't realize that the conversion of Jews to G-d (Christianity has nothing to do with it) isn't good news for them.
- muslims visons of jesus Tony Jiang, Tue Apr 10 23:54i have found this really weird website that claims that more and more muslims have visons of jesus and how he is the only way to heaven, do you think there is something strange about this... more
- Muslims and Jesus Fred Cline, Fri Apr 13 13:22The evidence presented (that large groups of Muslims are having visions of Jesus) is anecdotal rather than statistical, and no statistics are presented from a verifiable source, so I would agree with ... more
- Muslims in particular are sensitive to being lied to (nm) Baruch, Fri Apr 13 17:58
- That is hard to tell ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 05:55specifically the Muslim Jesus isn't the Jewish Jesus or the Christian Jesus. I really doubt that there is a groundswell in the Muslim collective unconscious concerning a Christian Jesus. In some... more
- Just an extension of taqyyia! (nm) Kasey, Wed Apr 11 00:22
- You don't get it, the web site is Christian propaganda ;-) (nm) Baruch, Wed Apr 11 05:57
- How do you know? Tony Jiang, Sun Apr 15 01:08why is it only Christian missionaries that always report these miracles and how other religions are tricked by demons
- Muslim missionaries would report something different ... Baruch, Sun Apr 15 17:10I don't expect vegetables to go on sale at the car dealership, I expect to find cars there. Other missionary religions (see Buddhism and Islam) report different miracles. With the Muslims whenever a... more
- ok then Tony Jiang, Sun Apr 15 17:43but there are wayyyy too many websites about muslims having visons of jesus but alot of them a connected to the 700 club.. and of course pat roberson is very reliable(sacrasm)
- There are plenty of websites covering ... Baruch, Sun Apr 15 17:55the several visitations of the Virgin Mary over the last 200 years to Roman Catholics ... but I don't think that any Protestants would accept them. Personally I would be surprised if the Virgin Mary... more
- But Tony Jiang, Sun Apr 15 23:15This just kinda worries ne because what if the Fundies are right? And are there any reports if Mary visions and the like to non Catholics?
- Things appear as we want them to be ... Baruch, Sun Apr 15 23:43truth is subjective, not objective. I would love it if the Protestants had some Marian visions, would serve them right. Probably they will be having visions of Billy Graham ;-) The Fundies are right, ... more
- you know whats better Tony Jiang, Mon Apr 16 00:40whats better one muslim mullah says that 6 million muslims convert to christanity but in another chart it says that chrisanity gains 2.5 million converts from all other religions ok something is... more
- Life isn't a football or soccer game (nm) Baruch, Mon Apr 16 06:37
- One last thing Tony Jiang, Tue Apr 17 02:10I have heard stories of lots of Jews converting to Chrisantiy from the fundamentalists any verification on what they say?
- There are perhaps 100,000 NT Messianic Jews .... Baruch, Tue Apr 17 06:07