BaruchToo bad for them, they simply don't understand the Bible ...Fri Apr 20, 2012 18:15126.96.36.199knowing is not the same as understanding. Deconstructing a text, by projecting your desires and fears into it, isn't exegesis.
What is an apocalypse? Christians don't know, Muslims don't know. This was been predicted by pre-Christian peoples and non-Christian peoples, and by Christians every few years for the last 2000 years. This is because Christians don't know what time is, so they don't know what time it is. Muslims are under the same misunderstanding ... though the Quran is quite explicit about apocalypse, since Muhammad was an apocalypse preacher, same as John the Elder.
The Bible says, that you can't look on the face of G-d and live. Christians ignore this, when they take the Gospels literally, or apply Hindu/Buddhist trinitarianism to who Jesus is (not was). Encountering G-d is the apocalypse, for each individual, and as death is inevitable, so it that encounter with G-d. It is irrelevant if one person dies at a time, or we all die at the same time. What is that to you, if we all die at the same time, if you are dying? None of your business.
As per the movie title, it is always Apocalypse Now, because it is always now. We all are encountering G-d's face, now. But we don't understand what "now" means. My "now" is not the same as your "now". Since you and I are not dead yet, our individual "now" hasn't come yet. Saying G-d changed Her mind ... is so fake, so arrogant!
- end times Tony Jiang, Fri Apr 20 16:38there are loads of Christians these days claiming the end days are coming soon http://end-times-prophecy.com/blog/?p=284 this one says that the rapture was supposed to happen in 2010 and then says... more
- vike: Off subject sai ram, Mon Apr 23 01:58I just wanted to share a remedy for a stuffy nose. We all get them at times. When I can't breath thru my nose...I can't sleep....an old East Indian method that really works good is White Sesame Seed... more
- Anything is better than another discussion of End Times Frashavan, Mon Apr 23 20:03It's like when you go to meetings of revolutionary parties, there's always a session called "The Way Forward!" Some topics should simply be banned, in the name of humanity! And cold remedies are... more
- Collective psychosis bad? ... rhetorical question (nm) Baruch, Mon Apr 23 20:56
- Not if you are in the mental health industry... Frashavan, Tue Apr 24 07:37... or a maker of pharmaceuticals. :D
- Too bad the 1% aren't locked up in an asylum .... Baruch, Tue Apr 24 13:18getting electroshock treatments ala 1950s ... oh, I mean enhanced interrogation ;-) Shalom
- How about a beginning instead of an End Seekr Light, Sun Apr 29 00:03I would never advocate ignoring the dark influences in the world but I will say the time is upon humanity to focus on the high road, or what I consider the forces of light that serve to elevate the... more
- I agree, but more spam ;-) Baruch, Sun Apr 29 21:40One of the greatest victories of Satan, is getting a materialist world to believe that the Devil doesn't exist. I mean that metaphorically, not literally. Shalom
- How about a beginning instead of an End Seekr Light, Sat Apr 28 23:46I would never advocate ignoring the dark influences in the world but I will say the time is upon humanity to focus on higher, or what I consider the forces of light that serve to elevate the... more
- They have managed.... Frashavan, Wed Apr 25 12:51...to turn the whole world into an asylum, and convinced us that the rest of us are crazy.
- Unplug the TV! (nm) Baruch, Thu Apr 26 06:54
- Millerites clarym29, Sat Apr 21 19:40This is just one example of how seriously some Christians take this end-times stuff: Millerism •  Origins Miller was a prosperous farmer, a Baptist lay preacher and unschooled student of the... more
- Just part of the wild free market in religion in .... Baruch, Sat Apr 21 23:3719th century America ;-) Shalom
- Yep--always good for a chuckle. (nm) clarym29, Sat Apr 21 23:38
- Well, Tony clarym29, Sat Apr 21 19:30the end times have been upon us since humankind turned to God to answer questions. There used to be a site on the net that tried to keep track of all the end-times guesses that were made. May still... more
- Well the Popul Vuh is still a great scripture ... Baruch, Sat Apr 21 22:27and the Quran certainly has its share of apocalyptic verses. This isn't just about the Bible's apocalyptic verses or the apocryphal apocalypses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popul_vuh ... saw an... more
- By Mayan nonsense...... clarym29, Sat Apr 21 23:36I did not mean to indicate that the Mayan calendar was nonsense. It is a very intricate, well put together thing--quite complex and quite elegant. But it is just a calendar with no predictive value.... more
- It's been coming for millions of years! (nm) Kasey, Fri Apr 20 18:47
- Good new article on NDE ... Baruch, Sun Apr 22 09:18http://www.salon.com/2012/04/21/near_death_explained/singleton/ Materialists are simply in denial ... they have their ideology, and the personal experience of millions of people, simply don't matter. ... more
- Re: Good new article on NDE ... Seekr Light, Sun Apr 29 00:24The dream state is obviously a different state of awareness than the awaken one but considered from either state the other "may" be viewed as less relevant in the supposed "ultimate" scheme of... more
- Famous Australian publisher and media giant, Kerry Packer... Kasey, Mon Apr 23 05:18had a NDE back in 1990 and was by chance revived by an ambulance man with a defibrulator. Afterwards ha was asked about it and he said to his close friends "don't fool yourself, there was nothing... more
- Too bad for them, they simply don't understand the Bible ... Baruch, Fri Apr 20 18:15
- But isn't saying clarym29, Sun Apr 22 12:26that one can know what the Word of God is also arrogant?
- but Tony Jiang, Fri Apr 20 19:32what about all this stuff they talk about how there is great apostasy in the church they claim, or crime and war on the rise, famine,disease and earthquakes on the rise..... Arent they just... more
- And it's all nonsenseical anyway! (nm) Kasey, Sat Apr 21 02:01
- Good point ... Baruch, Sat Apr 21 01:52another man's dogma is another man's apostasy. Christianity has been in apostasy since 325 CE, when it was taken over by the Greco-Roman Mafia. But for them, that is when their Nicene Creed was... more
- Love this stuff..... clarym29, Sat Apr 21 20:05A rather short list of the The End of Times--again and again....... 1901 CE - The new century got off to a flying start by giving a great, big thumbs down to Reverend Baxter's millennium. 1908 CE -... more
- Speaking of Halley's Comet sai ram, Sat Apr 21 22:26back in the 80's about one year before Halley's Comet was to return, I was awaken about 2 AM with a poem in my head. I had never wrote a poem in my life...nor since..but this one came in a dream. It... more
- You were probably channeling Mark Twain ... Baruch, Sat Apr 21 23:33who died during the visit of 1910. Shalom
- Quite the poem clarym29, Sat Apr 21 23:30full of such good cheer. :)) Do you always have such optimistic dreams???
- Don't mix up sai ram, Sat Apr 21 23:49realism and optimism....just think from Halley's view from passing earth in 1910 until 1986...all the changes that had occured.....WW 1 and 2....smog.....cities growth...man even traveled off the... more
- What's the difference? clarym29, Sun Apr 22 09:46What is real to me may not be to you. So, who knows what realism really is???? Don't we all make over the world just about every day, in the image we want? Your sentiment kind of reminds me of those... more
- Reality is like porn ... Baruch, Sun Apr 22 15:59you can't define it, but you know it when you see it ;-) In the West we have tried to achieve consensus on what is real, thru science. But it turns out science can't even tell me what I should have... more
- Ah but sai ram, Sun Apr 22 12:29"Your sentiment kind of reminds me of those who say that the end is near because of the natural disasters, man-made disasters, weather, pestilence, famine, wars and chaos.".......ah, but just like a... more
- Humanity is a weed, not a blight ... Baruch, Sun Apr 22 07:22we are more advanced than fungus, but not as advanced as the animal kingdom. Shalom