FrashavanPeople fundamentally misunderstand the nature of conspiracyTue Apr 24, 2012 07:322.214.171.124Or rather, it's not -- a la The Simpsons' -- a meeting held round a conference table in the house of the richest man in town (or even a hotel).
It can be, frequently it is, an unspoken agreement among people to do certain things in a certain way.
There was, for example, no meeting held in the Reconstruction South, to which all the Whites were invited at which the problem of "keeping the Darkies in their place" was discussed. The simple, day to day activities, political and legal decisions of the US as a whole (and not just the South) contrived to create Jim Crow and keep it in place for 80 years.
So, on one hand, there is no conspiracy, but, on the other hand, the result is identical to what might be there if there was... And everyone is in on the conspiracy.
You don't need some shadowy meeting between Fidel, Organized Crime and the CIA to pull of Dealey Plaza. The thousands of interlocking pieces of the apparent conspiracy result from thousands of people acting in their self-interest (in some cases) or trying to misdirect attention from their obvious failings (in other cases). The result may look like a conspiracy but, if it was it involved nearly the entire population of the US at that time... and all the mourning was simply play-acting.
And, of course, nothing, absolutely nothing, prevents people from making hay (political, monetary, criminal or other) from a fortuitous turn of events that they had nothing to do with.
- The secret of the Illuminati and why they are identifiable y ipirate2, Mon Apr 23 20:04The secret of the Illuminati and why they are identifiable yet unstoppable. The Illuminati is a natural consequence and phenomenon of our monetary system. It cannot help but exist, whether we want it ... more
- People fundamentally misunderstand the nature of conspiracy Frashavan, Tue Apr 24 07:31
- Good observations ... Baruch, Tue Apr 24 13:06Napoleon said conspiracy is less likely than stupidity. There are a few conspiracies of the usual type, but they are mostly unsuccessful and we never guess they ever happened as a result ... the... more
- Re: People fundamentally misunderstand the nature of conspiracy ipirate2, Tue Apr 24 10:34I agree. You seem to grasp this issue about the same way I do. I see benefits in stabilizing our economic pyramid and system. Do you see the benefits we could all gain by giving them more power over... more
- Stability only works for the top 1% ... Baruch, Tue Apr 24 13:09and not for the bottom 99%. Reality is actually not a pyramid, but an inverted pyramid, with the point at the bottom ... this is maximum instability, and can't be changed. What is amazing is that it... more
- Re: Stability only works for the top 1% ... ipirate2, Wed Apr 25 08:57I do not agree on your inverted pyramid notion. All economic pyramids that I have seen are heavy at the bottom and light at the top. So to speak. I challenge your research ability to find one that is ... more
- The original vision sold to us ... Baruch, Wed Apr 25 12:43is that as productivity increased, we would work shorter work weeks. This doesn't work well on a slave galley stoking to the beat of the fat guy on the drum. We can produce less, in fact we have to,... more
- Re: The original vision sold to us ... ipirate2, Wed Apr 25 15:39"Top is bottom if you escape stereotypes." I cannot escape stereotypes when they are what is under discussion. Illuminati is a stereotype and at the top of the pyramid. Regards DL
- Don't accept their evil stereotype ... Baruch, Thu Apr 26 06:53Viva la France! Shalom
- Yes and no ... Baruch, Mon Apr 23 20:551. Current bunch in power outside the Soviet Block since 1945 - yes 2. This includes China and Russia now - yes 3. Part of primate behavior, therefore impossible to get rid of - yes 4. Reality is not ... more
- Re: Yes and no ... ipirate2, Tue Apr 24 10:29If impossible to get rid of, then no better outcome is possible. Right? If you think so, I disagree. I see control of our economic pyramid as the most profitable for the whole. Regards DL
- Who gets to control, the billionaires? Baruch, Tue Apr 24 13:16Democracy is an illusion, as Plato and Aristotle were direct witnesses ... so don't expect the People to control anything, including the pyramid. The whole US political experiment was a psyops by the ... more
- Re: Who gets to control, the billionaires? ipirate2, Tue Apr 24 15:47"Who gets to control, the billionaires?" We can if we choose to. "Democracy is an illusion," I agree for the present day. For the future, who can say, but it will not look the way Plato saw it. He... more
- Correct ... Baruch, Tue Apr 24 18:54Plato tried to implement his Republic in Syracuse, in Sicily, with Dionysius, tyrant of Syracuse. He was lucky to escape with his life. Ivory tower credulity can do that. Shalom