alabaster.of.shalomchange reality or change the perception?Thu Apr 26, 2012 00:0822.214.171.124Hello Baruch,
Life itself is, IMHO, not the bad dream, but what people are making of life gives the perception of it being a bad dream. Expanding subjective perception into practical application. One factor which is determinate upon whether the expansion of perception of life will be positive or negative has to do with the focus of the heart/soul/mind ... truly this is the ultimate factor determining the degree of difficulty (or, very possibly, lack of difficulty) we will have for understanding the right way to carry out that will be fulfilled. Important also is the correct understanding when it comes to fulfilling our obligations/responsibilities to our children (IOW, passing on correct understanding so they are equipped for the lessons of Life rather than merely being thrown without even a life-jacket into the deepest areas of the Sea).
Think of this: what one considers hard work, another may very well consider the same work a privilege if his/her attitude is one of honor being coupled with the humility and thankfulness to even be one among the living.
~ May Hashem bless you and keep watch over you;
May Hashem make His Presence enlighten you,
and may He be kind to you;
May Hashem bestow favor on you, and grant you peace. ~ Shalom
~ Katriel, always reaching in hope for the heart of JM: He, being the Apple of God's Eye
- NDEs evil this guy claims Tony Jiang, Tue Apr 10 23:58says this guy that NDE are from demons! and that just because it feels good it cant be from god because sins are bad but they feel good... more
- A puritan is afraid someone somewhere ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 06:08is having a good time ;-) I do have a friend who regards all so called aliens of scifi, abductions etc ... as demons, who have trans-dimensional technology. But then she simply doesn't appreciate... more
- My mother had a NDE clarym29, Wed Apr 11 11:16but it was not quite like the usual ones. She had been admitted to the hospital for problems with knee surgery. The nurse, apparently, had given he a double dose of insulin by mistake. My mother said ... more
- There is more to heaven and earth ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 18:07than imagined by materialists. i take a position of pure empiricism in regards to human experience. If you experience it, it is real, whether it is objective or not. Confining one's reality to the... more
- Much more clarym29, Wed Apr 11 18:15I do not pretend to understand all that is--or even a tiny fraction. I will die knowing that I have much to learn. I would venture to say that all people ever born or will be born will experience... more
- Yes, balance or harmony are good words ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 18:21and rejection of the aspects of life we don't like, is natural, but leads some to over-react, rejecting Life itself. The Buddha says don't grasp ... witness but don't get bound up in likes and... more
- You have to have sai ram, Wed Apr 11 21:25you have to have unbalance and non-harmony.....for without them you can't have balance and harmony....so to be in a state of unbalance and non-harmony is just as important.....one is just more... more
- Not disciplined enough clarym29, Wed Apr 11 19:51to fully take on Buddhism. I think the best way for me in most aspects of life is balance and harmony. I also like to embrace what I like--except I can't embrace ice cream nearly as much as I'd like. ... more
- Well like all great religions ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 21:47Buddhism has more than one form. The Zen form, at least for lay people, isn't all that disciplined. In Soto Zen, all you have to do is sit quietly part of the time. No meditation on a koan, no... more
- I find clarym29, Thu Apr 12 10:23that terms and labels don't draw me in on a personal level. What I mean is that if something works for me, then I'll use it or stick with it. My personal code is drawn from all over--could be... more
- With all institutions ... Baruch, Thu Apr 12 18:00it is "one size fits all" ... even if the leadership "is" included. Otherwise it is one size for the leaders and one other size for all the rest of us. Listening to your internal "daemon" is what... more
- Rather clarym29, Thu Apr 12 19:50than thinking of the inner and outer, I think of it as the rational and emotional--those are the two parts I like to achieve harmony with. That is a lifetime occupation. I've gotten fairly good at... more
- Just hallucinations! (nm) Kasey, Wed Apr 11 00:21
- Life is often a bad dream ... Baruch, Wed Apr 11 06:09I only wish it were as easy to correct, as simply taking a psychotropic drug like LSD. Unfortunately the kind of dream we call reality, requires hard work to change.
- change reality or change the perception? alabaster.of.shalom, Thu Apr 26 00:08