BaruchWho is Asterix?Sun May 6, 2012 17:12126.96.36.199How to deal with rude Italian tourists ...
- So sad ... Baruch, Sun May 6 16:19here I am, 1000 years removed from any French ancestors (see Hastings 1066), but I know that "frank" means "free man". Vous ne saviez pas? Perhaps there is no word today that means "freedom" in... more
- Re: So sad ... ipirate2, Mon May 7 09:37I am pleased that you agree with my use of language. The average American seems to believe that he lives in a fre country and have forgotten to work to actually live in a land of the free. The pity... more
- Not only that...... clarym29, Mon May 7 19:42The average American is busy trading in his/her liberty to become more secure. Whatever that is. Compared t0 the country I was born into, we are not as free and are losing those freedoms rather... more
- And the events just prior to WW!..... Kasey, Thu May 10 20:28turned all of Europe's national leaders and monarchs into a pack of jealous idiots! Regards, Kasey
- Yes, ripping of Japanese-Americans was a low point ... Baruch, Fri May 11 04:40but did you know that Italian-Americans pending citizenship, were also interred for awhile? They were so embarased about it, they never made a claim against the US government, but they were not... more
- well the Yellow menace was sai ram, Fri May 11 08:55well the Yellow menace was a biggey then.....but come to think about it....if the Chinese stopped shipping goods here.....IT would be menacing today.....sai ram
- True, they were hoping to replace the US ... Baruch, Sun May 13 17:27as customers with Europe, but the Europeans are broke! The term "Yellow Menace" was originally used by Kaiser Wilhelm in late 19th century German propaganda. Shalom
- Re: Not only that...... ipirate2, Wed May 9 09:07I hope not and hope they are just sleeping at the switch. Most may not know that they are little more than slaves. It is the same for most Western countries, if not all countries. Regards DL
- Re: Not only that...... clarym29, Wed May 9 17:19I hope you are correct--but my gut tells me that you are not. But i can hope, I guess.
- Re: Not only that...... ipirate2, Thu May 10 08:33http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0 Regards DL
- No more Hopium ... Baruch, Wed May 9 18:09do something good today, better yet do something good for someone else besides yourself. That is how things get better, not whether Pericles should be reelected head of the Popular party in Athens,... more
- Guess realism sucks ... Baruch, Tue May 8 20:17"NOT A WORD FROM THEIR MOUTH CAN BE TRUSTED; THEIR HEART IS FILLED WITH DESTRUCTION. THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE; WITH THEIR TONGUE THEY WEAVE DECEITS." PSALM 5:9 Time to grow up. The Avengers... more
- Yep--this realism sucks..... clarym29, Tue May 8 20:34and there are no avengers--not a single corporation is willing to take on that role, and unless one does then there will be no avengers. Where is Sinclair Lewis when we need him?????
- Got Franks? Baruch, Sun May 6 19:24http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_SSpQDpl4&feature=related Read text under the film. They may originate in Frankfurt, but they aren't wieners ;-) Shalom
- Who is Asterix? Baruch, Sun May 6 17:12
- I know France gets a bad rap around here ... Baruch, Sun May 6 17:00In school my father sat next to a son of one of the Lafayette Escadrille pilots ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ejaNRXaQzg I had a one grandfather, his sister, and several great-uncles in WW I.... more
- Would the Germans sai ram, Sun May 6 19:44Would the Germans celebrate like the Mexican-Americans do with Cinco De Mayo if they defeated 8,000 French with only 4,000 Germans?.....naw........sai ram..
- The Germans only party ... Baruch, Mon May 7 00:07at Oktoberfest ... and only in S Germany. Those Prussians are a dour bunch of party poopers ;-( Notice all the unintended?? allusions you imply. German immigrants went both to the US and to Mexico in ... more
- the French do get surprised alot sai ram, Mon May 7 08:25the Maginot Line comes to mind.....just as us Americans were surprised that the Iraq/Afgan wars have lasted as long as they have....or that the political party out of office would actually fix any... more