sai ramWellWed May 9, 2012 22:16126.96.36.199well, i've been irritated all day.....I don't pay much attention to my bank statements...today I did. I had started a new bank account at a new bank. I had written a couple of checks and never write them down in my little check book. But today I was going over my bank statement and they are suppose to send a scanned couple of my written checks with the statement...which they did except for a couple that were made out to big business. Cox, Power company and Discover. On my statement was posted some check numbers and the notation electronic transfer....no copy of the check...no mention to who it was written to. So I's goes to the bank and sets the manager down and asked what was going on....I didn't do any electronic bank transfers. She said that was done by the companies i wrote the checks to. I said I want to see a copy of my used checks...she said they aren't sent to the bank. I said where are they..she said the companies keep them and i would have to go to them to get a copy. I went to them and they said I can't have them. I went back to chew on the bank manager for 1/2 hour for allowing companies to do this...and that they could care less about the customers for doing this......but you see now the banks don't have to check the amount of a check and then subtract it from my account...they just take a businesses say that the amount is correct and that I had actually signed a check they don't verify anything now......if there's fraud or an error its up to me to figure it out...if i can....since my statement doesn't have who the check was paid too.......I wrote my congressman about the problem...any bets I'll see some results?.....fighting mad and how the little guy is being pushed around....sai ram
- Yeah, yeah, I am....ever have one of those days..... clarym29, Wed May 9 20:38where some of the dumbest things just irritate you? Well, this is one of those days.
- Well sai ram, Wed May 9 22:16
- This has been going on for several years now ... Baruch, Wed May 9 22:49not getting a full check back or even a photocopy of each check back. Really when corporations are persons, how much of a person do you think you rate as? Elephant to ant. Banks would prefer to have... more
- You can now get a card reader for your iPhone Frashavan, Thu May 10 06:47You too can accept credit!! Have the money directly deposited to your bank account. All for a mere 2.75% per transaction.
- And merchants can get a smartphone attachment ... Baruch, Thu May 10 06:59so if there are any credit cards left, you can swipe them to let fools purchase your junk. Shalom
- And the beat goes on....... clarym29, Wed May 9 22:40What a huge pain-in-the-butt!!!! Good luck in your tilting at windmills. :)