ipirate2Re: It was pretty universal 2000 years ago ...Wed May 16, 2012 10:13184.108.40.206Yes. Christians and Muslims turned to idol worship while the Jews seek a better God than their God of war.
God here I translate as a better set of rules and laws to live by.
- It was pretty universal 2000 years ago ... Baruch, Wed May 16 05:54the Talmud and Aggada record it from Roman times. But most Jews have abandoned the Talmud and Aggada, and Torah for that matter, over the last 200 years. That is part of the incomprehension Jews have ... more
- Re: It was pretty universal 2000 years ago ... ipirate2, Wed May 16 10:13
- Well the Jewish god of war was a failure (nm) Baruch, Wed May 16 17:18
- Tell that to Moshe Dayan. (nm) Frashavan, Wed May 16 18:22
- If the Jews had US backing 2000 years ago ... Baruch, Wed May 16 18:30the Romans would have had a harder time of it. Notice "Moshe" = "Moses" and "Dayan" = "Judge". Egyptians should have realized trouble was coming their way. Shalom
- Getting trapped in mythology Frashavan, Wed May 16 18:46I suspect that the Zealots wanted to reenact the Myth of the Maccabees. Had they coordinated their uprisings with Arsacid invasions, they would have achieved more success.
- Yes, the Persian faction among the Jews ... Baruch, Wed May 16 22:09really missed it ... though such an invasion did occur at the time that the young Prince Herod (of Bethlehem infamy) was forced from Palestine into temporary Roman exile, and his brother was killed... more
- I suspect that the Roman reaction to 70 CE and Bar Kochba .. Frashavan, Thu May 17 17:31...had more than a little to do with fearing a Persian ploy, if not outright involvement. Thus the banning of the Jews from Judea had more to do with disrupting a Parthian Fifth Column than may be... more