FrashavanWhat "Is" is....Thu May 17, 2012 07:46184.108.40.206Why is there anything?
Why is there "is"?
The just-so story that is modern physics thinks that they have the answers; but how can you have an answer if you can't explain it in simple terms to a child of 6??
- Buddha would say that the only fact ... Baruch, Wed May 16 22:13is a Potentiality aka Emptiness, from which all Actuality temporarily arises and falls. The Actuality that you consider real, Buddha would say is to contingent to be called real at all. And that the... more
- What "Is" is.... Frashavan, Thu May 17 07:46
- Even 6yr olds understand "make-believe"! (nm) Kasey, Thu May 17 20:35
- Yes, wise beyond their years ... Baruch, Thu May 17 21:21they discard the myths of childhood, only to adopt the myths of adulthood, like work, family and citizenship. Shalom
- Sometimes I wonder if you really do.... Kasey, Fri May 18 03:05live in the real practical world? Regards, Kasey
- I don't live in your subculture ... Baruch, Fri May 18 06:39It took a great deal of effort to escape the myths of adulthood, having spent 30 years learning them. But I haven't believed in Santa Claus for a long time, ever since I caught my father bringing in... more
- For many, life is but a dream! (nm) Kasey, Sat May 19 05:29
- For all ... Baruch, Sat May 19 15:54have pleasant dreams, and may any nightmares go away. Shalom
- Having seen the back of the funhouse... Frashavan, Fri May 18 07:22...some people think they understand the illusions. But they don't; knowing the people in the "It's a Small World" ride are animatronics doesn't free you from the illusion at all. As I have often... more
- When the Buddha became enlightened ... Baruch, Fri May 18 07:43he had defeated the god of illusion. But reality didn't cease to exist, as Hindus believe when Brahman wakes up from his dream. The Buddha went from being in the Matrix, and not knowing it, to being... more
- I know...I know Frashavan, Fri May 18 07:54I have explained all that, more times than I can count. But youth are impatient of Wisdom. What's worse is that they totally accept the mathematical model: the answer must be defined, and must be... more
- A curve fitted thru data ... Baruch, Thu May 17 18:00doesn't actually explain the data ... because more than one curve can be fitted, each with its own rationale. The most basic cosmological questions can't be answered by the scientific method, since... more