BaruchI don't live in your subculture ...Fri May 18, 2012 06:39220.127.116.11It took a great deal of effort to escape the myths of adulthood, having spent 30 years learning them. But I haven't believed in Santa Claus for a long time, ever since I caught my father bringing in gifts late one Christmas eve. But the adult myths do serve a purpose ... I still get up in the morning and go to work for example, but I understand it is a myth, no less than Christian communion. Not just Buddha, but according to Hans Vaihinger, who lived in Germany 100 years ago, all truths are convenient fictions. His thought didn't catch on, the Matrix is too powerful. The Matrix is too powerful even for most Buddhists.
- Sometimes I wonder if you really do.... Kasey, Fri May 18 03:05live in the real practical world? Regards, Kasey
- I don't live in your subculture ... Baruch, Fri May 18 06:39
- For many, life is but a dream! (nm) Kasey, Sat May 19 05:29
- For all ... Baruch, Sat May 19 15:54have pleasant dreams, and may any nightmares go away. Shalom
- Having seen the back of the funhouse... Frashavan, Fri May 18 07:22...some people think they understand the illusions. But they don't; knowing the people in the "It's a Small World" ride are animatronics doesn't free you from the illusion at all. As I have often... more
- When the Buddha became enlightened ... Baruch, Fri May 18 07:43he had defeated the god of illusion. But reality didn't cease to exist, as Hindus believe when Brahman wakes up from his dream. The Buddha went from being in the Matrix, and not knowing it, to being... more
- I know...I know Frashavan, Fri May 18 07:54I have explained all that, more times than I can count. But youth are impatient of Wisdom. What's worse is that they totally accept the mathematical model: the answer must be defined, and must be... more