KaseyDon't forget that without the "bomb" Stalin would have....Sat May 19, 2012 05:3622.214.171.124been well tempted to continue the advance westward by any means at his disposal, that's another factor in re-arming the Germans and rebuilding their shattered economy and self-image.
- Correct, but deliberate propaganda ... Baruch, Wed May 16 18:42the intent was to immediately turn around W Germany, as a bulwark against Stalin and as the center-piece of NATO. So the non-Nazi Germans were immediately counted as "good" Germans ... and basically... more
- Don't forget that without the "bomb" Stalin would have.... Kasey, Sat May 19 05:36
- True, but as duplicity ... Baruch, Sat May 19 15:56all the tactical nukes would have fell on German, from both sides. Shalom
- The extremists on FOX tap into a deep well Frashavan, Wed May 16 18:53The fact is nearly everyone has sympathy for the arguments "Taxes are too high!", "The government is too intrusive!" "Many government regulations are insane!"... The more they harp on those few... more
- Telling people what they want to hear ... Baruch, Wed May 16 22:17is the very meat of politics, red meat to carnivores. Also marketing to consumers who are equally bloody in tooth and claw. Americans are natural rebels if not anarchists. This is what plagued... more
- Largely a myth Frashavan, Thu May 17 07:41The American Revolution was really exchanging a distant landed gentry for a local one. The "rugged individualist" and "rebel" myths are just that, myths. Most people end up cheering for The Earps and ... more