FrashavanUltimately, ther is no ultimatelyWed May 23, 2012 19:0018.104.22.168The problem is, I am feeling very un-Yeatsian, at the moment. “Life is a long preparation for something that never happens.” Very true, but not the sort of thing that makes one want to continue to struggle...
Yes, as Eliot said, "We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring. Will be to arrive where we started. And know the place for the first time," but that's not much to achieve is it?
This past weekend, 4 people died trying to scale Everest. One of them was a Canadian woman, who had spent her life wanting to climb it -- since she was 9. They're not the first to die climbing to that frigid waste; they wont be the last. Other than the tour companies, is anyone enriched by the experience?
- Well Mahayana Buddhism would agree ... Baruch, Wed May 23 18:47that there is no final kernel, it is just emptiness. But then they understand that in ultimate reality, emptiness and fullness are equivalent, and that person and non-person are equivalent. As far as ... more
- Mayhaps..... clarym29, Wed May 23 20:37G_d is what we make of he/she; what we craft inside and that we give life to it/he/she on an individual basis. If you ask people what god is like, and you really listen, you will find that each... more
- No, I am not pessimistic, just sick and tired ... Baruch, Wed May 23 21:47what i have to do is embrace the lessons sickness and tiredness have to teach me ... damn! Yes, of course what each person has to say about G-d, whether via positiva or via negativa ... tells us much ... more
- I've always liked that idea..... clarym29, Wed May 23 22:29Namaste--that is one of my favorite greetings. It means to me that you are welcome in my world and you are a fellow human. Namaste
- Ultimately, ther is no ultimately Frashavan, Wed May 23 19:00
- I have only stood on small mountains ... Baruch, Wed May 23 21:31Mt Evans in Colorado for example (road all the way to the top, but passable only in August). Mt Everest is twice that high. Mountains have always been inspiring. Ah to die while doing something you... more
- A final word from Khayyam Frashavan, Wed May 23 21:40Alike for those who for TO-DAY prepare, And those that after a TO-MORROW stare, A Muezzin from the Tower of Darkness cries "Fools! your Reward is neither Here nor There!"
- You say...... clarym29, Wed May 23 21:02“Life is a long preparation for something that never happens.” Very true, but not the sort of thing that makes one want to continue to struggle... ------For me I don't expect anything out of life.... more
- You are missing Eliot's Zen irony (nm) Baruch, Wed May 23 21:39
- Indeed Frashavan, Wed May 23 21:47Heraclitus was wrong...the river doesn't change. It's the same person who can never step twice into it.