FrashavanAnd that is the crib-sheet for sure,Wed May 30, 2012 21:36126.96.36.199Though, I think people miss the point that Job's comforters' explanations are useless at best, and disingenuous clap-trap at worst. Even were YHWH to speak to you from out of the whirlwind, would you really understand/ her/his reasoning??
- Short version of the Book of Job ... Baruch, Wed May 30 19:21Job: Why? G-d: Because! Shalom
- And that is the crib-sheet for sure, Frashavan, Wed May 30 21:36
- Depends on if you are Chosen ;-) Baruch, Wed May 30 21:47For Elijah, G-d was the small quiet voice, but for Job the Gentile it is tough love ;-) Shalom
- Elijah is a scary dude Frashavan, Wed May 30 21:54He certainly inquired to closely after god's privity. I wonder if the story of him ascending to heaven in YHWH's chariot is a thinly veiled refernce to the other prohpets having murdered him, because ... more
- True, not my favorite prophet ... Baruch, Wed May 30 23:29Elisha was much tamer. John the Baptist modeled on Elijah, Jesus modeled on Elisha IMHO. As far as Romulus goes, it is dangerous precedent to found the Mafia. Shalom