KaseyThe "god" view ..due to indoctrination, while the scientificWed May 30, 2012 21:57126.96.36.199view comes from observation of all the evidence in its variatious in practical form.
- While sai ram, Wed May 30 12:14While some scientists believe most if not all the "why's" will be all answered in time...I think the more we answer the more we find out we don't know......the "why's" probably go on to infinety... more
- The "god" view ..due to indoctrination, while the scientific Kasey, Wed May 30 21:57
- Science only counts evidence ... Baruch, Wed May 30 23:27that will match its assumptions. Usually a good thing if all you are doing is measuring the mass of an electron. Shalom
- Yet you choose to believe that which .... Kasey, Thu May 31 02:39is both an assumption and only a "concept" based on an assumption, but with no evidence! Regards, Kasey
- You reject evidence you find inconvenient .... Baruch, Thu May 31 06:35I accept all evidence, even anecdotal or irrational. Anecdotal evidence can't be reproduced in a controlled lab experiment (but neither can the Big Bang nor can Macro Evolution). The scientific... more
- EVEN MYTHLOGICAL AND FAKED STUFF NO DOUBT AS WELL???? (nm) Kasey, Tue Jun 5 17:59
- Ambition is dangerous ... Baruch, Wed May 30 19:19particularly if we think we have accomplished our ambition. The scholarly ambition is to know and understand. But the wise know and understand, that this is a fool's errand, though being a fool isn't ... more
- Just like in the song....A Day in the life of.... (nm) Kasey, Thu May 31 02:41
- Aks Ceasar Frashavan, Wed May 30 21:33The noble Brutus hath told us that Caesar was an ambitious man, And Brutus is noble. So are they all!
- For most of us sai ram, Wed May 30 19:38for most of us if not all.....not being a fool or foolish isn't an option....from what we eat...to where we go and what we do....and all things in between....some of us have the part down... more
- Yep clarym29, Wed May 30 12:23The "why's" cannot be answered, which is why god will never die. And I agree, the "world" is viewed through the eyes of each person in a different manner---much like god is also viewed differently.
- perhaps sai ram, Wed May 30 15:35while you might not believe God is the answer to some of the "why's"....I do accept this as an answer to a lot of the questions...I like answered "why's" alot more than unanswered ones....even if I... more
- Short version of the Book of Job ... Baruch, Wed May 30 19:21Job: Why? G-d: Because! Shalom
- And that is the crib-sheet for sure, Frashavan, Wed May 30 21:36Though, I think people miss the point that Job's comforters' explanations are useless at best, and disingenuous clap-trap at worst. Even were YHWH to speak to you from out of the whirlwind, would you ... more
- Depends on if you are Chosen ;-) Baruch, Wed May 30 21:47For Elijah, G-d was the small quiet voice, but for Job the Gentile it is tough love ;-) Shalom
- Elijah is a scary dude Frashavan, Wed May 30 21:54He certainly inquired to closely after god's privity. I wonder if the story of him ascending to heaven in YHWH's chariot is a thinly veiled refernce to the other prohpets having murdered him, because ... more
- True, not my favorite prophet ... Baruch, Wed May 30 23:29Elisha was much tamer. John the Baptist modeled on Elijah, Jesus modeled on Elisha IMHO. As far as Romulus goes, it is dangerous precedent to found the Mafia. Shalom
- Well, maybe clarym29, Wed May 30 18:23One of the hurdles I had to make in becoming an adult is accepting the fact that sometimes there is no way to know "why" and simply accept what is. "But my favorite aunt got cancer, why?" "Who... more
- There is a Russian/Jewish parable ... Baruch, Wed May 30 19:23One bad thing leads to another ... but in the end it is revealed that all these bad things, are good. It is my hope that G-d is a Russian Jew ;-) Shalom
- once again clarym29, Wed May 30 19:38In reality, there is not really any bad or good things. Bad and good are labels. And we cannot know the extent of whatever happens or what the ripples of that thing really is or isn't. I find it best ... more
- Accepting what is but moving on ... Baruch, Wed May 30 21:31is what I mean by realism. To me idealism is the inability to do that, because reality is either too negative or not positive enough to suite us. On the negative side, we tend to become an armadillo... more