ipirate2Re: God is simply......Thu May 31, 2012 11:38184.108.40.206"....we all create our own God in our own image. As it should be." Could you expand upon that for me?
God cannot be followed. He is not here to lead.
What is here are the various rules and commandments and laws that we learn from a variety of places.
God then can be said to be whatever rules or laws that we individually take in as good and live by. These are what we follow and not some invisible God entity.
We thus become or create God/laws to follow.
Those laws are what guide us from within. Written on our hearts is the way scriptures put it.
I hope that explains it well.
- Re: God is simply...... clarym29, Wed May 30 18:29As I understand it, Gnostics come in different flavors and stripes. And I also understand that they have a much looser organization that most Christian sects. My point is that any religion that has a ... more
- Re: God is simply...... ipirate2, Thu May 31 11:38
- Okay clarym29, Thu May 31 14:57Yeah, that sounds like what happens inside for me as well. If something is wrong, it is simply wrong because deep inside something that I've instilled there tells me that it is wrong. And it matters... more
- Re: Okay ipirate2, Thu May 31 15:03This Gnostic Christian is pleased to serve. I took this theology/phylosophy all to way to apotheosis if you have an interest in a pure anecdotal rendering, please read on. The Godhead I know in a... more
- Thanks. clarym29, Thu May 31 15:15I will think more on what you shared. I like it on first reading and identify with quite a bit of it. Maybe I need to blend Buddhist thought with a bit of Gnostic thought........
- Re: Thanks. ipirate2, Thu May 31 15:29Thanks. Seek and ye shall find. When you do, learn from it, file it, raise the bar and seek anew. If not, you idol worship yourself, so to speak, or whatever you found. Regards DL
- Couldn't agree more clarym29, Fri Jun 1 18:41I believe that--absolutely, without a doubt. Once you chisel something in stone, that is about the time the stone shatters into tiny pieces. Just about the only saying that can be treated as... more
- Re: Couldn't agree more ipirate2, Sat Jun 2 14:58Yes and life would be quite boring according to the writers of Shangri-La stories and suicide would become a good way to pass the time. Regards DL
- Holy men are a special breed ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 20:47for Orthodox Jewish men, Heaven is spending eternity in yeshiva with the greatest rabbis (or even Moses), studying Torah. Geeks ;-) Shalom
- I agree, three kinds of people ... Baruch, Thu May 31 21:48those who don't seek, those who seek, and those who find. I find the first and the last to be mistaken. Shalom
- Re: I agree, three kinds of people ... ipirate2, Sat Jun 2 15:01Do not be surprised if I write an O P on this. I love to plagiarize my friends. Imitation is said to be a compliment. Regards DL
- I am gratified (nm) Baruch, Sat Jun 2 20:51
- Seeking clarym29, Fri Jun 1 18:43It is a most difficult lesson to learn that no permanent answer lasts.
- might be another one Mirage, Fri Jun 1 11:35I think I may have met someone once who got found somehow. He was one of those people who would probably have been considered "touched" in the Middle Ages. Will not forget him.
- hey... sai ram, Fri Jun 1 22:04good to see you back!.....we all probably have been considered a little touched by someone at sometime.....being touched is in the eye of the beholder...sai ram..
- Re: hey... Mirage, Sat Jun 2 01:59Good to see you, too. Yeah, it's hard to interpret.
- Well, clarym29, Fri Jun 1 18:47Welcome back. "Touched"--we are still dealing with these. And not always successfully. They are surrounded by much fear mainly because we do not understand them or what is happening to them. As we... more
- Good point ;-) (nm) Baruch, Fri Jun 1 17:07
- Re: I agree, three kinds of people ... ipirate2, Fri Jun 1 10:33+ 1 Regards DL
- That is a rather Jewish position ;-) (nm) Baruch, Thu May 31 12:33
- Adding ... Baruch, Wed May 30 19:27your comment about Orthodox/Roman Christianity, may unfortunately be correct. I pray for their renewal into a living flexible organization, courtesy of the power available from their avatar. Shalom
- Yes... clarym29, Wed May 30 19:33it is unfortunate--but i feel in this I am right.