ipirate2God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die toFri Jun 1, 2012 20:2522.214.171.124God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.
I think that the notion that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty perpetrator is immoral. Be it a willing sacrifice as some believe with Jesus or unwilling victim.
I also think that God, who has a plethora of other options, would have come up with a moral way instead of an immoral and barbaric human sacrifice.
I agree with scriptures that say that we are all responsible for our own righteousness as well as our own iniquity and that God cannot be bribed by sacrifice.
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
I believe as I do because I believe that the first rule of morality is harm/care of children.
Do you agree that the notion of substitutionary atonement is immoral and that Godís first principle of morality is harm/care and that this would prevent him from demanding the death of his son?
- Silly Christian theology .... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 06:36but then I don't believe in animal sacrifice as atonement either. The origin of this is the idea that we all have to convert to Judaism, all go and sacrifice at the Temple (see various prophets).... more
- Yes, it's all nonsense! (nm) Kasey, Sun Jun 3 17:54
- Re: Silly Christian theology .... ipirate2, Sun Jun 3 09:48Smile and shake head. Regards DL
- Actually Mirage, Sat Jun 2 08:30It may reassure you to know that the Chick comics a high school friend of mine made me read said that indeed the Jews, meaning actual Jews, are God's Chosen People. Catholics, on the other hand, were ... more
- While I am not Catholic in any way ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 08:56I do despise prejudice against anyone, including Catholics. Not that Catholics haven't made many mistakes, just as we all do. That is about as Irish as I get. Shalom
- This leads to Jimmy Swaggart trying to use Hebrew terms Frashavan, Sat Jun 2 07:19That's got to be worth it, just for the comedic value!
- I am convinced the ancients used drugs (nm) Baruch, Sat Jun 2 08:01
- Paul/Saul clarym29, Sat Jun 2 09:53was blinded, according to a couple of theories I've read, is that he partook in a ritual of staring into the sun--which could have been done with or without drugs. I'm sure many, many religious... more
- I have also heard that theory ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 10:37fact is, there was a log of solar worship going on in that part of the world, not just later under Constantine. Perhaps staring at the Sun, thru your eyelids. A kind of scrying. Shalom
- PS according to stories about Nostradamus ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 10:38who was supposed to have gotten his techniques of scrying (into a bowl of water) from Jewish Kabbalists, there were drugs involved. Shalom
- mind alteration Mirage, Sat Jun 2 11:14Alcohol is of course a drug. Fasting can cause mind altering affects. So can long and intense meditation and prayer. So I think it is pretty safe to assume that yes mind altering was part of it.... more
- Why do you believe all of that???? (nm) Kasey, Sat Jun 2 03:15
- Re: Why do you believe all of that???? ipirate2, Sat Jun 2 16:57Baruch said baiting. I call it educating or correcting false beliefs. Especially those beliefs that lead to immoral ideas. Regards DL
- Beluga Caviar is the most expensive bait ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 20:32I have had some. Shalom
- He doesn't, he is baiting the Christians who never visit (nm) Baruch, Sat Jun 2 06:37
- i don't think sai ram, Fri Jun 1 22:11I don't think jesus ever said he was dieing to save mankind....others used this to explain why He died....as if he didn't have to if He didn't want to.....we all die because we were borned.....Jesus... more
- If there is doubt about his life.... Kasey, Tue Jun 5 17:53yhen there certainly is about the way he died. [eventually]! Regards, Kasey
- Re: i don't think ipirate2, Sat Jun 2 18:58If he ever lived yes. Regards DL
- You are confused about what is life vs non-life ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 20:38Tom Sawyer is both non-life and life ... and I am both life and non-life. We aren't the same, but we are cousins. Our sense of self is a useful fiction. Tom Sawyer's self is an entertaining fiction.... more
- At least according to clarym29, Sat Jun 2 09:51the prevailing myth---in it's many and contradictory forms.