BaruchEuclidean geometry is a useful fiction ....Sat Jun 2, 2012 06:5067.67.14.217was the epitome of rationality for over 2000 years. And is one of the finest products of the human mind. Maybe not the same kind as a good novel. You have an interesting view of agnosticism. I think that most people get there temporarily because of a combination of skepticism and fairness (I find dogmatic people to be lacking in both). Some stay there, because they are nihilist skeptics like Pyrrho or Hume.
- I think there is a misperception Mirage, Sat Jun 2 01:34I have been at various points in my life, atheist, agnostic, and religious. My father and I agreed that agnosticism was the most rational position. We were both frustrated with being unable to commit ... more
- Euclidean geometry is a useful fiction .... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 06:50
- It's difficult to be entirely honest Mirage, Sat Jun 2 08:06It was transitional for me I suppose, but I was agnostic (and atheist) for unhealthy reasons. Some people seem to have healthy rational reasons and I think those are the ones I have known that stay... more
- Unable to handle death? Baruch, Sun Jun 3 08:53Whether theist or atheist ... that sounds like bluster. Can anyone who isn't pathological or an undertaker, really handle death? Shalom
- yes sai ram, Sun Jun 3 11:58some of the enlighten ones can....the ones who can peer thru the veil of life and death and see its all one....some children can.....the greatest chance of doing this ...is to be at peace....but most ... more
- I'm dancing on the border lately. Mirage, Sun Jun 3 09:08A lot of times I am fearing living much longer more than I am fearing death. I do still fear suffering, though.
- If you loose your sight, prepare ... Baruch, Sun Jun 3 09:17memorize a favorite poem or paragraph. I nearly lost my sight 8 years ago. Shalom
- I am losing it. Mirage, Sun Jun 3 09:19Memorization is hit and miss for me now. I used to have a near eidetic memory. Then I had one too many concussions. Text to speech is nifty, though, when it works. :)