BaruchMost of our ancestors were illiterate ...Sat Jun 2, 2012 10:4068.91.150.238we don't have that excuse.
- The easy part clarym29, Sat Jun 2 09:47When I refereed to the 'the easy part' that is when a person of whatever religion or philosophy gives over their thinking to a hierarchy who then feeds them the answers. It is simply easy to agree... more
- Most of our ancestors were illiterate ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 10:40
- Like most literate people you... Frashavan, Sat Jun 2 17:34...overestimate the prevalence of literacy. People routinely estimate that less 1% - less than 5% of the population is illiterate. But anyone who's looked into the problem knows that it is about 20%... more
- Yes, and we discount them immensely. (nm) Mirage, Sun Jun 3 01:06
- One of the greatest good deeds ... Baruch, Sat Jun 2 20:46is to volunteer to teach people to read. So much more important than TV. My teaching Hebrew is a special form of that. Shalom
- I agree, to a point. Wish I could agree 100% Mirage, Sun Jun 3 02:28I've been involved in reading programs a couple of times, despite my dyslexia. Actually, my dyslexia was what qualified me. The kids I was asked to help were dyslexic, and the idea was to have older... more
- Require internet auto-pay? Baruch, Sun Jun 3 09:14Yes, I wouldn't like that. I avoided auto-deposit of my paycheck until last year. The paper check kept getting deposited late! I don't allow any auto-withdrawls from my accounts (with the exception... more
- Am thinking of some others Mirage, Sun Jun 3 09:23Irish, Native Americans, Aboriginal Australians, for example. Many lost languages and many lost cultural history.