BaruchPlease see quote by Marx near bottom of article ...Fri Jun 29, 2012 03:52184.108.40.206http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/2012/06/28/the-looting-of-china-by-the-kleptokapitalist-bourgeoisie-roaders/
The quote is about agricultural economics vs city economics in the Roman Empire. Classicists are well aware of what happened with the brothers Gracchi. America like the Roman Republic it is modeled on, is probably going to fail because of success, leading to financial excess ... leading to Marius and Caesar ... military dictatorship.
You will also be interested, because Australia and Canada are highly dependent on this out of control positive feedback coming from China.
- How to say racist and religious discriminatory remarks... Kasey, Sat Jun 23 05:21and get away with it on the basis that what is proposed couldn't happen in this or that country 'cause its against their laws, but generally it should apply where possible...see below: Regards, Kasey ... more
- Please see quote by Marx near bottom of article ... Baruch, Fri Jun 29 03:52
- The reality of politics is a cartoon ... Baruch, Tue Jun 26 17:09http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKuhNqi_2zc&feature=related Whether it is France + Germany, or Britain + US ... I won't comment as to which one of the pair is Brain and which one is Pinkey ;-) Shalom
- On the other hand ... Baruch, Sat Jun 23 08:23I do want to state, that in my own moral compass, the idea of punishing people at all, for adopting a religion or leaving a religion or embracing atheism for that matter ... is a barbarism. What I... more
- Skirting Dutch hate crime law? Baruch, Sat Jun 23 08:11Probably should employ a Dutch woman barrister for that ;-) It is part of most Medieval law, including late Christian Roman law, that to solicit change of religion, or to choose change of religion,... more
- the matter of intent of the speaker... Kasey, Sun Jun 24 09:19of the racist and religious discriminatory/lethal remarks still was "- but generally it should apply where-ever possible". The effects on those who would be on the receiving end of his comments could ... more
- Where-ever possible? Baruch, Sun Jun 24 11:40I would contend it isn't possible anywhere in the modern world. Give all the fundies a time machine and send them 500 to 1000 years in the past ;-) There is a greater disruption from the idea of... more
- Yet in Syira, the Sunnis are leading the revolt... Kasey, Tue Jun 26 03:27against the Assad regime which represents mainly the Alawis, Christian groups and the Druze religions. The fervour of the Sunnis has even extended to Melbourne Australia, where a call has gone out... more
- You forget colonial history ... Baruch, Tue Jun 26 06:58Sunnis a are a minority in Iraq, so the British put them in power over the Shia majority. Kurds etal were the additional minorities there. The Alawites are a minority in Syria, so the French put them ... more
- When minority groups take power... Kasey, Tue Jun 26 20:38for their own self-preservation ahead of any single religious majority, when both groups vote on the basis of religion or religious alliances rather than proposed political policies, it's hard to see ... more
- The Assads (father/son) didn't have to kill people Baruch, Tue Jun 26 23:08they chose to. Dictatorship doesn't allow much other choice. As far as evening things up ... are you an apologist for Mission Civilatrice? Are you opposed to majorities? Of course religious tolerance ... more
- The Sunni factor wouldn't wait for any slow change... Kasey, Wed Jun 27 06:20to democratic reforms....and anyway they don't want that type anyway...[after the cleansing is over if it ever happens], a theocratic-pseudo democracy a la the Malaysian model would suit them fine.... more
- Error correction 2nd paragraph ... Baruch, Sat Jun 23 08:15"that is now the law in the Netherlands" should read "that is not the law in the Netherlands" ... hate it when a typo reverses my intent ;-( Shalom