ipirate2To hate Jews is to hate God.Sat Jun 30, 2012 16:2218.104.22.168To hate Jews is to hate God.
If you believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, then you must believe that God planned for it and set the conditions even before the earth was formed. If as most believe, the Jews were the cause of the sacrifice, then one must believe that God put the notion and desire to kill Jesus in the Jewish hearts. Jews then were Godís tools in carrying out Godís plan. Jews then should be venerated just as Jesus is because Jesus and Jews were required and caused by God to participate in the sacrifice. They were all doing Godís will and not their own.
Jesus was a Jew and to hate Jews means that Jesus is also hated. The church has historically persecuted Jews and only repented for their actions in 2011 with the pope acknowledging that not all Jews should be hated. Just those directly involved in the sacrifice of Jesus. Ignoring of course that they were charged directly by God to be and do what God wanted.
Why then have Christians historically hated Jews, and by inference, hate the Jew part of God/Jesus the Jew?
The weird twist to this history is that the Christian right who hates Jews the most, is now the ones pushing for funding of the Jewish homeland to fulfill prophesy.
Most Jews do not believe that Jesus was the messiah. Is the Christian right just funding Jews to help drive them to destruction at the hands of God?
Jews tend not to read the O. T. the way Christians do. Are Christian interpretations of Jewish text superior or inferior to the Jewish interpretation of their own myths?
- Any belief in all that nonsense... Kasey, Sun Jul 1 07:21by default must surely mean a denial of free will. Or it's just another catch22 situation. It had to be that way for the "sacrifice"....nice to suggest it after the event. Just like suggesting that a ... more
- Re: Any belief in all that nonsense... ipirate2, Tue Jul 3 12:45No argument my friend. Regards DL
- Excellent multipart series by Michael Wood ... Baruch, Sun Jul 1 11:22http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXohegE-lBY Notice the section on Western Civilization is called ... The Barbarian West. Shalom
- All tribes have a tribal deity ... Baruch, Sun Jul 1 07:54Jews for example, and for Americans you have Mammon. Each tribe regards itself as "chosen" by its deity. So Jews believe that they were at least metaphorically if not literally called out of slavery... more
- Gentile perception of the Bible ... Baruch, Sat Jun 30 23:13both OT and NT and Oral Torah .... are like English opinions of French literature, by those who can't read French. The OT/Tanakh is in Biblical Hebrew (not the same language as modern Hebrew), the NT ... more
- Re: Gentile perception of the Bible ... ipirate2, Tue Jul 3 13:05I can understand how that would happen because it is hard to separate a person from their actions. One cannot hate genocide, to my mind, without hating the one who is doing the killing. Regards DL
- The more extreme the sin ... Baruch, Tue Jul 3 18:18the harder it is to be dispassionate. But that is all based on a kernel of inner self righteousness. Shalom
- Re: The more extreme the sin ... ipirate2, Wed Jul 4 15:10Yes. Something all people have but sometimes give up to authority. Some call it a moral compass. The U. S. did some brainwashing experiments in the 50's I think it was where men with normal morals... more
- Desensitization is dehumanization (nm) Baruch, Wed Jul 4 20:10
- Re: To hate Jews is to hate God. ipirate2, Sat Jun 30 16:23I asked a well-informed Jewish friend to comment before I posted this and this is what he had to say. Modern Jews and ancient Jews for one. I suppose you are concerned about modern Jewish opinion.... more
- Peddling the myth of a killing is... Kasey, Tue Jul 3 08:19part of the total myth of the son of a mythical god as claimed by those who invented the story in the beginning. No death occurred but a re-vitalization after recovery from the ordeal via thereputic... more
- Re: Peddling the myth of a killing is... ipirate2, Tue Jul 3 13:08It is my hope that the Gnostic gospels open many eyes to the reality of religions of the old world and that they make literalists think. I have doubts but still hope. Regards DL
- Careful selection and editing of sources ... Baruch, Tue Jul 3 18:20and overlaying the original writings with later dogma and doctrine ... let you get away with just about anything. In the note that went with the disparaged Secret Gospel of Mark, one of the early... more
- Re: Careful selection and editing of sources ... ipirate2, Wed Jul 4 15:01For sure. Regards DL