MirageStop reading those Chick comics!Fri Aug 31, 2012 21:1063.194.75.2You know, the ones that depicted Pope John Paul II as the Antichrist. Awful things, knew a boy in high school who read those and sent me home with a big stack of them. I was going to read them to humor him, because he was cute, but I was really disturbed by the content and tried to avoid him after that. Oh, the Proctor and Gamble symbols were in there, too, with some elaborate explanation of how you can tell their corporate symbols are satanic runes. Those comics are the only experience I have had of Protestants being afraid of Catholic influence.
- That's the problem ... Baruch, Thu Aug 30 16:56"I'm practically Protestant" ... makes Catholic conservatives very unhappy. It also makes dyed in the wool Protestants worried about your indirect influence. Shalom
- Stop reading those Chick comics! Mirage, Fri Aug 31 21:10
- Well that is nasty ... Baruch, Fri Aug 31 22:29but I really have never been exposed to them. The history of the Protestant Reformation and Catholic Counter-Reformation (both caused by mixing politics and religion) were proof enough for me ;-( I... more
- Loath, yes, alas some do. Fear? Not so much. Mirage, Fri Aug 31 23:30Once in awhile we have even had the rare anti-Catholic protestant poster wander in here, but they tend to be those drive by posters. Protestants in America are the majority, so I think only those... more
- I do influence my Protestant husband... Paradigm10, Fri Aug 31 09:36who comes to the Mass with me. Take that!!, all you dyed in the wool Protestants! Bwa ha ha ha! Who's wooly now?
- Who's wooly now? Wooly mammoths! (nm) Baruch, Fri Aug 31 18:14